drank Maple Bacon by Man Teas

OK, I’ve been staring at this sample in my tea drawer for weeks now. Chris_s gave me a sample. I’ve been afraid to try it, worried it would be as bad as my experience with puehr (which to me, tastes like a fish market).

So, now I’ve brewed it. It sits next to me, mocking me. What to do. How long can I stall? When it was brewing, I smelled it and actually gagged. Meaty liquid ham smell.

Alright, here goes.

The smell of the brewed tea is black tea, smokey, and meaty. Not sure this works for a vegan (the bacon bits in this tea are actually not made of animal products in case you are wondering).

I tasted it. Hmm. Weird. At first sip, I liked it. It was a nice black tea with smokey maple syrup. The maple adds a mild sweetness (and I added a touch of agave nectar). But… at the end, the flavor of the bacon bits really takes over. The bacony meaty smokey ham-like flavor is all in the aftertaste. Alrighty then. Not as bad as I expected, but not going to finish this cup.

I also (like Lisbet) will give this a pretty high rating as it is exactly as advertised. But, it’s just not for me.

52teas

For anyone who is interested, this tea is completely vegan. Even the natural “bacon-like” flavor we use is natural, vegan and KOSHER! (Sorry I find that amusing somehow.

But not as amusing as this review of our Smoky Bacon Tea: http://vimeo.com/14073554

Kristin

Thanks Frank!

Comments

52teas

Kristin

Thanks Frank!

Rating Scale:
90-100 – Love it. Must order this one again.
75-90 – Pretty good. Maybe I’ll order it again.
60-75 – It’s ok. Drinkable. It’s not my thing, but someone else might love it. Won’t order again.
50-60 – Meh. I wish I hadn’t ordered it, but i’ll finish this cup.
30-60 – Barely drinkable. – Throwing away/giving away the rest of this one.
0-30 – Went down the drain. Too sad to even pass along to friends.

Salt Lake City, UT