This was my first experience with matcha. I’m addicted to caramel popcorn, so when I saw reviews online saying this tastes just like the real thing, I knew I had to try it! I live in an apartment complex, and when I walked into the mailroom, I could immediately smell caramel popcorn—it was THAT strong (in my opinion, that’s a great thing!).

I tore open the box it came in as soon as I got back to my apartment, and when I cut open the bag the matcha was held in, it smelled exactly like fresh popped caramel corn. As I said, I had never had matcha before, so I didn’t notice any matcha scent.

I first tried it prepared in the traditional method, with hot water. While I could taste the caramel corn, there was also an earthy, woody taste that I’m assuming was the matcha. I think I used too much powder, though, because it also left my mouth feeling very dry.

I tried it today as a latte, and I liked it this way much better. I used unsweetened vanilla almond milk and a teaspoon of splenda. I could hardly taste the woody flavor I mentioned earlier, but the caramel tones really came out with the milk. This was the perfect midafternoon pick-me-up, and I’ll most likely be ordering again.

Get the tea here! http://www.redleaftea.com/matcha-tea/caramel-popcorn-matcha.html