Ordered a sample of this, and I have brewed it twice so far. When I opened the sample pouch, I immediately got a strong scent of vanilla, which was pleasant. I brewed the tea in my french press, since I am waiting for my infuser in the mail, and it worked well for this purpose.

My first cup had a really hearty vanilla flavor, almost like a vanilla dessert, and though I don’t add sugar to tea, I wanted to with this one. However, the tea was also very astringent, and I thought that it was likely due to me steeping it too long at just over 4 minutes. So the next time I made a cup, I tried steeping for 3 minutes… still flavorful, but still rather astringent. I am hoping it’s me and not the tea, so I will try again once my infuser comes in the mail, and see if it works better for me.

Married lady in her late twenties with two cats and a newly discovered love of tea.

I have enjoyed most of the teas that I have tried so far, but I especially like rich black teas. I drink it plain, both iced and hot.

Current favorite: Harney & Sons Tower of London