Ordered a sample of this, and I have brewed it twice so far. When I opened the sample pouch, I immediately got a strong scent of vanilla, which was pleasant. I brewed the tea in my french press, since I am waiting for my infuser in the mail, and it worked well for this purpose.

My first cup had a really hearty vanilla flavor, almost like a vanilla dessert, and though I don’t add sugar to tea, I wanted to with this one. However, the tea was also very astringent, and I thought that it was likely due to me steeping it too long at just over 4 minutes. So the next time I made a cup, I tried steeping for 3 minutes… still flavorful, but still rather astringent. I am hoping it’s me and not the tea, so I will try again once my infuser comes in the mail, and see if it works better for me.

Married lady in her late twenties who is relatively new to tea (that isn’t iced and artifically sweetened, that is) and loving it so far.

I have liked most kinds of tea that I have tried so far, but I especially like rich black teas. I enjoy tea iced and hot, but generally don’t add anything to it either way. My husband only drinks iced, but I have been expanding his tea horizons!

Current favorite: Harney & Sons Black Currant