China Milky Oolong

Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Ms Michelle

• “Let me start by saying that I am completely new to loose leaf tea. I was in Raleigh & wandered in to this tea shop. It smelled heavenly inside the shop. I was curious about the tea named milky...” Read full tasting note
    julesbean 38 tasting notes
  • “It's a flavored oolong, but in the spectrum of milk oolongs out there (the 'natural' kind), this one was pretty affordable since I'm a poor college student with fancy taste buds. 50 grams for...” Read full tasting note
    msmlt 6 tasting notes
  • “Yum yum. This tea has me smacking my lips after every sip! My first milk oolong of any sort, I have a sample from Teavivre sitting around as well so I will have compare the two later. They are both...” Read full tasting note
    kiaharii 248 tasting notes

From Tin Roof Teas

Probably one of the most unusual tea specialities in terms of production as well as character is produced almost entirely by hand in the Province of Fujian. Immediately after withering the still moist leaves are heated shortly in milk water steam, which conserves the pretty, lightly olive-green leaf and cup colour and invokes the distinct creamy scent and taste. Subsequently, the leaves are rolled manually and dried. An extremely mellow tea, which we are sure, will quickly win over many new lovers.

About Tin Roof Teas View company

Let me start by saying that I am completely new to loose leaf tea. I was in Raleigh & wandered in to this tea shop. It smelled heavenly inside the shop. I was curious about the tea named milky oolong. The nice employee informed me it was her favorite of the lot. She pulled the tin down & let me smell it. Wow! I was sold. I immediately purchased a cup of this at the tea bar. I lived this tea from the first sip. To me, the aroma & the taste was an unbeatable combination. I purchased a 100 gram tin if this. I’ve been drinking it daily for almost 2 weeks now. I love this milky oolong. Sooooo good!

It’s a flavored oolong, but in the spectrum of milk oolongs out there (the ‘natural’ kind), this one was pretty affordable since I’m a poor college student with fancy taste buds. 50 grams for approx $10, and according to the sweet salesperson, I can get approximately 12 steeps out of this tea.

The initial sniff and I’m astounded that it smells EXACTLY like the Asian milk candies of my youth. It’s so bizarre, but hey, I’m totally down for milk-candy flavored teas. I steeped it for 2 minutes (and some change) and it was a pale yellow color, the pungent smell of sweet milk and nostalgia filling the room like a sweet song. I’m honestly excited for winter so I can sip this tea like the calorie-friendly version of hot milk and honey.

I’ve only tried three steeps out of this tea since I’m quite the busy bee at the moment.

1: It was quite creamy and a very rich tea. A touch of sugar and this will undoubtedly be my favorite afternoon pick me up tea.

2: Still creamy, less sweet, and I can taste an emerging vegetable flavor. Still pleasant though.

3: Definitely more vegetal, but at this point, I’m caring less about how hot the water is, and I’m pretty sure I wandered away for more than 5 minutes whilst dancing to a Taylor Swift song, but I happily drank it anyway.

Yum yum. This tea has me smacking my lips after every sip! My first milk oolong of any sort, I have a sample from Teavivre sitting around as well so I will have compare the two later. They are both flavored I think (not super sure about this one), but that’s no problem.

Creamy and delicious, milky sweet. Just plain delicious! First steep, we’ll see how the others go. I’m glad I got a decent sized back of this!