2011 Yunnan Sourcing "Man Tang Hong Number 2" Ripe Pu-erh tea cake

Earth, Heavy
Edit tea info Last updated by shakirah1984
195 °F / 90 °C 0 min, 15 sec 3 g

1 Tasting Note View all

• “As this is my first time actually writing about tasting tea, I can’t say a whole lot. I am far too much of a tea novice to describe this as some of you could. I can say that this Pu-erh is...” Read full tasting note
    hutch2978 2 tasting notes

From Yunnan Sourcing

Our Man Tang Hong “Number 2” cake is composed from an average of grade 2 ripe tea leaves harvested from mature tea bushes in Mengku county (Lincang prefecture). The tea was picked in spring 2007 and fermented during the summer of 2007, then allowed to age for 4 years before being blended and pressed into these lovely cakes. 6 years of dry storage in Kunming has removed most of the “fermented flavor” (dui wei), leaving a full and round feeling in the mouth with hints of camphor. Being a medium level of fermentation, this tea is an appropriate candidate for longer-term aging during which time it will develop more smoothness and complexity.

Tea weight: 357 grams per cake (7 cakes per heavy-duty paper tong)

About Yunnan Sourcing View company

1 Tasting Note

As this is my first time actually writing about tasting tea, I can’t say a whole lot. I am far too much of a tea novice to describe this as some of you could. I can say that this Pu-erh is very delicious. This tea came as a sample in my first YS order. I initially had way too much tea in the travel Gaiwan. I did a flash wash and flash steeped the first 7 or 8 brews. It has a wonderful earthiness to it, which I guess one could say about many Pu-erh’s.
My other experiences with Pu-erh have been with older ones, and as such I believe this tee needs a few more years before it will be ready to (at least for me) to drink. Of course it could have to do with the first steep being really strong, and I may have kind of ruined my ability to thoroughly enjoy the tea. All-in-All it was a good tea, and it was a nice surprise to my order.

Flavors: Earth, Heavy