2011 Yunnan Sourcing "Man Tang Hong Gong Ting" Ripe Pu-erh

Pu-erh Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Roughage

From Yunnan Sourcing

Yunnan Sourcing is proud to present our Gong Ting grade ripe tea cake. The material was fermented from spring 2009 Lincang wild arbor material and has a strong mouth-feel and pungent aroma. The fermentation level is not too high and much of the original character of the leaves remains both in appearance and taste. Some slight bitterness remains in the leaves which will gradually transform into rich creaminess with age.

A premium tea in all facets (material, processing, and recipe).

About Yunnan Sourcing View company

It’s a cool , damp, & drizzly day, & it seemed like shu would be the perfect fit, & it is, although it I’d though it through I probably would have gone with sichuan caravan, or maybe some chai, but this is a really nice rich cup of sweet earth.

This has been a rough week for me. I broke a finger on wednesday & am having surgery to repair it on monday. There will be no harp playing for 4 – 6 weeks! I’ve been able to set up replacement harpists for the weddings I was supposed to do tomorrow & next saturday, but the other 3 performances had to be cancelled, because I’m the only jazz harpist around.
Financial losses for the next 10 days alone is abut $1000. I haven’t done the math for november yet, in part because I’m hoping for a miraculous healing, LOL.
Denial runs deep!
I’ve been through the 5 stages of grief several times in the last few days: Denial, anger, bargaining, depression, & acceptance.
Life goes on.

Tealizzy

That’s got to be the worst! So sorry! Hope it heals quickly!!!

gmathis

Hurting for you! (The damp weather probably doesn’t help the hurty part either.) Will be praying for speedy healing!

ashmanra

Oh no! Terri, I am so sorry to hear it. Praying for a quick healing and that you won’t even feel that financial because something good will just take of it.

Thanks ladies.

caile

Oh no, that’s too bad! Best wishes that you heal quickly and that everything works out.

mrmopar

I hope you heal quickly! Sorry for your misfortune.

TeaBrat

Ouch, so sorry! Feel better soon

Angrboda

Oh dear. That’s rotten for you. :( I hope you heal quickly and won’t have to dig too deeply into your savings.

boychik

Terry , I’m so sorry and I hope you will recover quickly.

Ysaurella

wishing you a very quick healing Terri. So sorry to read this.

Terri HarpLady

Savings? LOL, what savings? :)
I’m just a musician who makes enough money to not qualify for medicaid, but not quite enough to qualify for any of the Affordable Health Care incentives. So no insurance, but usually no need to see the dr either. I haven’t seen one in years, until this week. Anyway, I pd my surgeon up front $1200, which was a greatly reduced rate, & will be billed by the hospital after the fact.I’ve been told I’ll probably get some kind of a scholarship for at least part of the fees. I have an affirmation that has served me well over the years, “All of my needs, dreams, & desires are abundantly fulfilled.”
The Harp class teaching job wasn’t something I really wanted to go back to, but when they offered it, I did, because I learned a long time ago that the Universe knows what I need & provides it. So whatever I need will come from wherever it is right now :)
Maybe people will order a bunch of my xmas CDs to give for gifts, or start downloading my other CDs from itunes, or whatever. I know I’ll be ok! And as Sil will confirm, I have lots of tea to drink (& I didn’t even show her my crazy secret hoarded stash), so I’m definitely covered there!
And gratefully, I have all of you, sending good vibes my way!
Thanks everyone!

mrmopar

I want to see the secret stash……I will trade pictures of mine for some of yours.

LOL, a photo tour?

Tea Sipper

I hope you heal quickly!

A nice little shu. It has good thick body, and a nice basic ripe pu-erh flavor. Not a very complicated flavor profile, but a very respectable everyday tea.