Twinings Vanilla Tea was probably my first encounter in the largest world of tea, and it had left a deep impression of me, only because of the context (a girl friend had then left a little note on the paper packaging and the smell had long accompanied me.
Today I tasted this flavoured sencha, and I don’t think much about it. It smells great, my memories will tell you, this mix of vanilla and sencha smells great. But i didn’t tasted much in mouth.
Maybe I didn’t brew it correctly, but I found a slight hint of vanilla in the second longer steeping, for the rest it was more like drinking regular sencha, nothing special about it. Still its intense flashy green was nice, I enjoyed taking some pictures in this sunny (almost warm) February afternoon.
Thanks Le Palais des Thés for their generous samples in each order parcel. i won’t buy more of this tea. i’ll taste the next one.