drank Peach Black by Stash Tea Company

I’ll be the first to admit I’m not a huge fan of fruity black blends. And because the Peach Black is made up of heartier black tea than I usually care for, I decided to steep it (the tea bag version) for only three minutes.

This tea has a lovely sweetness to it. I would agree with the descriptor “juicy”. The peach flavor is light and pleasant. However, I can’t get over the taste of this black tea; it’s far too astringent for me. I like my blacks smooth and unfortunately, the Assam in this blend sticks out like a sore thumb. To be honest, I don’t think its maltiness pairs well with the peach flavor.

I grew up drinking oolong. My parents would toss a pinch of leaves into our cups and we’d steep them again and again until the brew was tasteless. Sometimes my little sister and I would throw some toasted rice in there and munch through our sips while doing homework or watching TV.

I had never had any other tea until I was in college. My first non-oolong tea was Earl Grey and I dumped it down the drain. Milk, sugar, bergamot oil, black tea—what a shock!

Years later and I’ve now become a big fan of all other types of tea and tisanes as well. As cheesy as it might sound, I believe tea is a very personal experience. There will always be something new to surprise you, yet there is nothing so reliable as a good cup of tea.

In the interest of full disclosure, I am an employee at Stash Tea, though I am not representing them on Steepster in any way. While I will log my honest reviews of both Stash’s and other companies’ teas, I won’t be posting any ratings so as not to come off as biased.

PDX