this is supposed to be one of the prized green teas of China (from one of the most sacred ancient mountains—the Yellow Mountain (黄山)but I was honestly a bit underwhelmed by this one. the flavor wasn’t that intense or noticeable—a bit too light for my taste (not a nice flavor with light presence you get from good longjing’s or biluochun’s).

It could just be this batch. I have about 8 other varieties of this Spring’s harvest from different tea gardens, producers, and companies just waiting to be compared. Will review those as I try them.

I am starting a social entrepreneurship project in China bringing together two personal passions: tisane/tea and genuine women’s empowerment. I have been a tea fanatic since I was in third grade and tried to recreate Victorian high teas in my childhood home’s dining room. I have been avidly seeking out a great heated cup of water flavored by dried tea leaves, herbs or flowers ever since.

Beijing, China