Why do I keep torturing myself with bagged tea/machine teas. Silly for me to say and very over dramatic, but still… Why do I do it? haha

I had a little bit of this one today. I remember the two weeks ago when I had this one before and it was just bad. It tasted like powder. I know that’s weird to say, but it’s true. There’s just something very powdery about this one.

Anyways, today I thought I’d try it as a latte with the steamed milk package that they had. I just had to do it! Well, I was unfortunately disappointed… again… I didn’t think to add sugar right away, so once I did that, things got a bit better and I liked the idea of a milk “froth” that was on top of it, but something just seemed so… not authentic about it all. It didn’t taste like I felt it should. I had some of it and ended up tossing it.

I won’t be at this work place again, so I’m not too concerned about the temptation to try it again. I keep hoping it’ll get better, but it doesn’t… Sorry tea… but you’re not for me!

Fjellrev

Ain’t nobody got time for that! Don’t torture yourself. :)

TheKesser

Hahaha you are so right!

Comments

Fjellrev

Ain’t nobody got time for that! Don’t torture yourself. :)

TheKesser

Hahaha you are so right!

Updated Dec. 14/16
I’m a 30-something-year-old aspiring writer. I’ve written several short stories that I’m looking to get published someday soon.

I work as a paginator (I do page layout for our local weekly newspaper) and absolutely love it! I’m also an amateur photographer.
I’m the proud mommy of two sweet little boys! One born Feb. 3/15. He showed up 4.5 weeks early, but thankfully after a week in the hospital he’s great now. :)
The second one came just Monday evening at only 2 weeks early so he’s healthy and perfect!
Life just got so much more busy and crazy but I’m so excited.
I’m married to an absolute amazing man who “puts up” with my tea obsession.

It wasn’t until a few years after high school that I finally became interested in tea. I started with Orange Pekoe double double (milk not cream), and peppermint. Since that time, I’ve really opened up to other kinds of tea and I’ve well… I’ve kind of just went nuts since then.

I would have to say my favourite kinds are (in no particular order): black, herbal, white and rooibos (definitely prefer the green to red, but will drink the red too).

Green teas, pu’erh, and matcha are starting to grow on me but I’m very picky about them still. I am finding I like pu’erh tea cakes much better than loose. And with matcha I much prefer flavoured ones over straight.

I still don’t really care for mate teas but there a couple that are the exception to that.

Ontario, Canada