A review of Indar Tea by Indar – Compagnie Coloniale

This tea is a special blend of Ceylon, Assam, and Darjeeling.

I brew this tea for a good five minutes and waited for the water to fully boil. Once steeped, I place on heaping teaspoon of sugar and a splash of evaporated milk to my cup. Stirring and letting it all settle, I take my first sip. It seems to taste just fine.

I like the creaminess that the milk brings to the cup and its smoothness and texture is appreciated all the more. I like that I can give in to enjoying a cup of tea with sugar and milk since I don’t normally have it this way.

As nice as the tea is with the added milk and sugar, I feel it takes away from truly appreciating this blend and to recognizing the notes and the citrus of the bergamot oil. This could just be a weakness on my part; in not being able to discern the blends individually when coated with milk and sugar, perhaps.

I like to drink tea less so than when I was aptly reviewing teas. I find that I like less and less of things as I age. I am a somber spirit who prays daily to not be at all. Thank you Steepster for all that you do to enrich tea drinkers.

Leominster, MA