California Sunshine

Fruit Green Blend
Grapefruit Slices, Green Tea, Lemon Pieces, Lime, Natural Flavours, Orange Pieces
Grapefruit, Lemon, Lime, Orange
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

From 52teas

Tea of the Week for January 25, 2016!

Even though I currently live in the Pacific Northwest (and I love it here and really don’t want to live anywhere else) there’s a part of me that will always be a California girl. I was born there and I lived there for a number of years in my adulthood. The best part about California? That sunshine! And while I’d never want to live there again, there are times – like now when it’s wet and rainy and cold here – that I miss California and that sunshine just a little bit.

So I created a tea to remind me of what I like best about California – the sun and the yummy citrus fruit that the sunshine provides.

For the base of this tea, I used a very special Thyolo OP1 green tea from the Satemwa estate in Malawi. These leaves are huge and gorgeous! They also have a natural citrus-y tone to them so I decided that grapefruit was an obvious choice to use as a flavoring for this tea. But as I was creating what was going to be a straightforward grapefruit-y tea, I decided that wasn’t good enough so I got out some of the other citrus-y flavors in my “palette” – I grabbed orange, lime, lemon and blended those flavors with grapefruit to create a bright, tangy, citrus-y tea. YUM!

It’s like laying out on a California beach but without the worry of getting skin cancer.

ingredients: single estate OP1 green tea, grapefruit segments, orange segments, lime segments, lemon segments and all-natural flavors

About 52teas View company

This one actually DOES taste like sunshine! Super citrus on a dark green tea base. Citrus and nutritious…. and delicious. :D It actually tastes healthy to me. I love seeing those citrus wedges in the infuser. Green tea always tastes nice with citrus, not like I can tell what the base tastes like under all this citrus! This will be a go-to tea for me in winter. I need all the brightness I can get.

I had really high hopes after opening the bag and sniffing the blend. It did not disappoint. I love all the different citrus flavors and the fact that they are all detectable on my palate. I imagine it’d be even better with a touch of sweetener, but I’m so happy that I am enjoying it unsweetened. I’ve only tried it iced and it is delicious. Another winner from 52Teas, a company that is quickly winning me over.

Flavors: Grapefruit, Lemon, Lime, Orange