Blueberries and Cream Rooibos

Organic, Vegan
Edit tea info Last updated by 52Teas
185 °F / 85 °C 8 min or more

1 Tasting Note View all

• “May 2020 Blend This seems like a relative of the Danishes, which are all usually delicious takes on various types of berries and cream (the pastry element was always a flip of a coin). This one is...” Read full tasting note

From 52teas

Tea of the Week for May 18, 2020!

Blueberries & Cream – a delightful combination & I’m loving it blended with the naturally honey-sweet, nutty flavor of rooibos! Sweet & creamy with just enough of that berry tangy note from the blueberry. Nice!

Organic rooibos blended with freeze-dried blueberries & vanilla bean! It’s organic, VEGAN, gluten-free, allergen-free & naturally caffeine free. A perfect late-night cuppa when you’re craving something sweet that won’t go straight to your waistline!

organic ingredients: rooibos, blueberries, calendula petals, vanilla bean & natural flavors

<><><>

Tasting Notes:

I have loved every single drop of this tea – from start to finish, but if I’m being honest, I must admit that it’s best as you get toward the bottom of the cup. I’m not sure if it’s because those flavors have developed more – either in the cup or on the palate – or if it’s because the flavors develop as the tea cools. I just know that right now, as I’m almost finished with my second cuppa of this blend – the flavor is so blueberry & cream! YUM!

to brew: give the pouch a gentle shake before you measure – because those vanilla beans are TINY and you want a good representation of all the flavors in this blend. use at least 4g of leaf to 12 ounces of very hot water (195°F) & allow to steep for at least 8 minutes (I steeped for about 10 minutes). strain & allow to cool for at least 5 minutes.

I like this tea when it’s served warm – not too hot & not too cold. I’m guessing the temperature the liquid is now – maybe about 110°F? The flavors really have popped at this point & I’m getting a beautiful blueberry & cream flavor. So tasty!

About 52teas View company

1 Tasting Note

May 2020 Blend

This seems like a relative of the Danishes, which are all usually delicious takes on various types of berries and cream (the pastry element was always a flip of a coin). This one is also pretty great, and the aroma fills the room in wonderful way.

+Tobacco note derives from the rooibos base, and is pleasant.

All in all, the May teas were generally great and I’m sad to see this last one go. Too bad the Pacific West Coast refuses to comply with the spring/summer concepts; seriously, it feels and looks like mid-September today.

Flavors: Blueberry, Cream, Nutty, Tobacco, Vanilla

185 °F / 85 °C 8 min or more
52Teas

LOL I know what you mean about the weather – although I’m totally not complaining. I prefer the cooler weather. But it’s kind of hard to plan seasonal flavors when the weather isn’t cooperating. I’m glad you enjoyed May’s teas!

damn you! I missed getting to try this one. :( It was sold out before i could get to my cart

CrowKettle

@Sil, I see the taster sizes left again, so it’s possible someone dumped their cart, but that size is usually never enough!

@52Teas, I prefer the cooler weather too, and will completely embrace it if it means not having another terrible fire season in August. With all of the travel restrictions though, I was/am hoping for a few hotter days, for escapist purposes… Yellowknife is hotter today than we are; I think we may be the coolest/region in Canada right now XD