Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Roswell Strange

From A Quarter to Tea

genmaicha, marshmallow root, ceylon cinnamon, natural flavors

About A Quarter to Tea View company

Thanks so much to amandastory516 for the swap! This was the first one I tried because I love horchata, and I would love to find a tea that accomplishes that flavor. Surprisingly, the main flavors I get here are a light pineapple/coconut along with some nice toastiness. I can say that it mildly evokes horchata, but really, it’s delicious regardless. It’s so light and tasty. The resteep tasted like plain genmaicha. I’m glad I have enough for more cups!

There was a quality to this cup that had a very thick and almost doughy vanilla frosting or fondant note to it. It was stronger than both the toasty rice from the Genmaicha as well as the cassia, and while it’s a nice tea and should be creamy because it’s based on a creamy rice drink I did find it a bit much by the end of the cup. I don’t remember that quality being quite so strong in past mugs.

Had it in my head that I didn’t like this one, but I’m not sure why. Previous review I loved it, and loved it this time too! Very accurately a delicious vanilla genmaicha.