Eggnog Pound Cake

White Tea
Cake, Cinnamon, Cream, Custard, Eggnog, Floral, Nutmeg, Artificial, Creamy, Pastries, Sweet, Vanilla, Milk, Butter, Sugar
Edit tea info Last updated by Lauren | A Quarter to Tea

• “This year is going by so fast! I ordered this tea sample during their Black Friday sale and it’s already May! So Apparently I am just terrible at brewing white teas because I can’t seem to get them...” Read full tasting note
  • “102/365 I have finally found a tea to rival Butiki’s Creamy Eggnog, and for a while I genuinely believed this day would never come. I should probably also add that I had this one pegged as a green...” Read full tasting note
  • “Delicious…yummy in a cup. A nice balance of flavors. One of the better dessert teas I have tried. It does not have a nutmeg flavor so much as a custardy flavor. I actually made this in my...” Read full tasting note
  • “This is a winner. I may even love it more than actual eggnog. For old fans of Butiki’s Creamy Eggnog, this is a more than adequate replacement. The main differences are this has a somewhat floral...” Read full tasting note

From A Quarter to Tea

Eggnog Pound Cake:

The only thing that could possibly make a winter-y cup of eggnog better is to bake it into a cake. Or a pound cake in this case! White peony tea works as the base for this creamy, cake-y tea accented with a pinch of nutmeg and cinnamon.

All orders come in resealable packaging and include a reusable muslin cotton tea bag.

Ingredients:

Organic White Peony tea, calendula petals, ceylon cinnamon, nutmeg, sprinkles, natural flavors

Brew and Size Instructions:

Use 1 tbsp for an 8 oz cup
Steep for 5 minutes at 180F water

About A Quarter to Tea View company

So Apparently I am just terrible at brewing white teas because I can’t seem to get them to my liking most of the time. I think what went wrong with this one was the fact that the tea strainer I’m using is made for another cup but I used it with my preferred mug which is quite tall. So I think the water doesn’t always reach the strainer as much as it should or something…. The age could have also slightly affected it. The only white tea that I haven’t seemed to mess up is AQ2T’s Banana Split one which I loved. Of course I can’t remember what cup I used for it or what strainer though.

175 °F / 79 °C 5 min, 0 sec 6 g 8 OZ / 236 ML

102/365

I have finally found a tea to rival Butiki’s Creamy Eggnog, and for a while I genuinely believed this day would never come. I should probably also add that I had this one pegged as a green tea initially (at least until I tried it) – probably I was thinking of Butiki’s blend instead. This one is actually a white.

Brewed, it’s super creamy with a delicious custard flavour. It’s not artificial or overpowering, but simply perfect. I get cake flavour mostly toward the end of the sip, but it lingers well into the aftertaste. There’s a hint of nutmeg, but really not very much – given how beautiful this one is, though, I can’t say I mind.

The leaf is also a thing worth looking at, with it’s snowflake sprinkles, yellow marigold petals, pieces of cinnamon stick, and actually green white tea leaves. It’s so rare for flavour and presentation to come together so well, that I think it’s worth noting when it does happen.

I’m seriously impressed with the teas I’ve tried from AQTT. I feel another order coming on, maybe as soon as this weekend…

180 °F / 82 °C 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp
Evol Ving Ness

Beautiful tea. Beautiful artful review. I very much enjoyed reading it.

Delicious…yummy in a cup. A nice balance of flavors. One of the better dessert teas I have tried. It does not have a nutmeg flavor so much as a custardy flavor. I actually made this in my travel press this morning.

Flavors: Cake, Cinnamon, Cream, Custard, Eggnog

This is a winner. I may even love it more than actual eggnog.

For old fans of Butiki’s Creamy Eggnog, this is a more than adequate replacement. The main differences are this has a somewhat floral white tea base instead of a green, and it takes a backseat to the flavouring instead of being particularly noteworthy in it’s own right.

The smooth and creamy eggnog flavour is spot on, with even the odd hint of cake. I just need to remember not to double fist it with On Wisconsin Jade Oolong; that was possibly too much cake this morning (but so good that I secretly regret nothing)!

Steep Count: 2

Flavors: Cake, Cinnamon, Cream, Eggnog, Floral, Nutmeg

Ooohhh…..

CrowKettle

This tea is good people, Sil. Did you pick up a sample of this in your order?

nopers. it was gone, think it was a limited edition, but between a bunch of us we may have enough someday to get 4oz made.

CrowKettle

No, no! There’s more! D: Although it does seem like it should be seasonal tea.. (not complaining).

weird…totally wasn’t there when i looked…i’m losing my mind i guess. I’ll have to add it to the wishlist and check it out next order heh

CrowKettle

It definitely feels like there are teas that are missing or have moved from the limited edition section since I ordered on the site so you aren’t the only one :/

Been drinking this tea like crazy. It’s definitely a keeper.

I get a lot of creamy, custard notes from this (especially as a latte), however I’m not getting nutmeg/eggnog spices. Doesn’t matter, though, because you can’t complain about custard and cream.

Flavors: Cream, Custard, Milk

This tea is good, but I’m a little puzzled. Cinnamon in eggnog?! Nutmeg is quintessential for eggnog, so the cinnamon is throwing me off. It is however a very creamy smooth tea. It reminds me a little of a butterscotch tea I have had and enjoyed. I’m a little distracted by the aftertaste of green beans and Indian curry that seem to be lingering the more I try to concentrate on the flavors of the tea. Cinnamon fades the further I sip into this cup. Adding sugar didn’t do much for me and I think I added a little too much cream, so now the bottom of my cup is cream with light notes of nog.

Mmm so glad I finally tried this company.
This tea is delicious. Ya’ll know I love white tea. The base is creamy and dreamy.
Sweet, but not overly so or fake sugar tasting. The eggy flavour is there with just a hint of nutmeg and cinnamon. The spices could have been a tad bit stronger in my opinion but overall, a very good tea.
The resteep at 5 minutes was just as lovely as the first.

SO! I (still) have so much tea that I could probably use it to insulate a house, which means that I have been on a tea-buying hiatus, for the most part, aside from a few little things here and there – for the last year or more. I’ve been dutifully (and with pleasure) chugging my way through my current stash, and kind of mentally wishlisting teas or companies I’d like to buy from in the future. AQTT was on that list for awhile. So on Black Friday i was like eff it, i’m doing it, and I went a little crazy (considering the crappy Canadian exchange rate), but no regrets! THEN while I was waiting for my order to ship I found out I was one of two Canadian winners of 6 oz of AQTT! I mean talk about excitement. SO MUCH.

Yesterday the tea arrived! Of course I have a tracking app on my phone for my multitudes of online orders, and I was checking it ALL DAY, I even went home for lunch to see if it was there. If we’re being honest I was trying to get to it before the end of the day when my husband would be with me, because EVEN THOUGH I’ve not bought tea in forever, it’s still the time of the year where I should be spending money on others and being restrained with my own purchases. HAHAHAHAH. Yeah. And of COURSE it wasn’t there at lunch but when I got home and saw it in the mailbox I’m sure my eyes were twinkling with little sparkles of pure joy. No exaggeration, bubble mailer JAMMED full of tea – bigger than my head, hard to justify that one away BUT since I had won the contest who can argue with free tea?! Not even my frugal & budgety husband! (I tease, he’s great and always TCB)

I opened that thing up like it was Christmas morning and I was tearing into some kind of fly new Barbie toy from Santa. The mailperson was Santa yesterday. Or AQTT was Santa.

You’re probably wondering about this tea……..

I ended up adding a second ounce to my order once I won the contest, because I had high hopes for this and I freakin love eggnog AND one of my all time favourite teas would be the Creamy Eggnog tea from Butiki (a single teardrop just rolled down my cheek)… I have been hoarding that one but I DO realize it won’t last forever.

Anyway this was the first one I cracked open to sniff last night, and the first one I brewed up. AQTT stands on its own and I don’t mean to just compare this company to Butiki, but I have to stress that once I got sick of most flavoured teas for their weird chemicalness and the fact that most of them didn’t seem to use particularly good tea leaves in their blends… Butiki remained as the shining example that all other flavoured teas had to live up to. I had heard good things about AQTT but with the shipping costs and exchange rate it was something I couldn’t justify until now….. SO GLAD I DID

This tea is creamy, and soft, and eggy, and has the perfect subtle blend of eggnog spices, and is VERY similar to Creamy Eggnog in terms of flavoring. I love the white tea used as well, makes the flavours stand out, as you might normally expect a black tea to be used.

To summarize, this tea was a big bunch of YESYESYESYESYES for me.

I cannot wait to try the rest of my massive head sized AQTT ordered teas :)

Dustin

I have been on a buying hiatus (for the most part) for over a year now too. I think I’m starting to see a dent in my hoard, but not by much. From reading all the reviews, AQTT is a temptation to quit my hiatus!

Looking forward to your reviews on these…

ohfancythat

I’m wondering if I should try to drink through some older teas before I open all of these ones… but I can’t even SMELL them unless i cut the bags, BOO

hahahah

Nattie

Noooo you should try the new teas while they’re fresh! I am in no way trying to influence you for my own gain (I’m low-key stalking your tealog waiting for reviews) * eye twitches *

Hey, listen. I’m only two teas into A Quarter to Tea so far but really… Impressive is the word I’m going to use. I was on the verge of dismissing almost all flavored teas but this company/person has revived my belief that there are good flavored teas to be had.

The dry leaf certainly smells pretty spot on with the name of the tea. There is a slight artificial edge underneath. Not enough to be off putting but it gave me pause. Not to worry. The flavor of the tea after it brewed really nails it.

I did gong fu style which I’m sure I wasn’t supposed to with this tea but yeah I do what I want haha. The scent that wafts up from the brewing liquor is pretty amazing. I served some to my mom and wife and they both took notice to how good it smelled from the cup. There is a certain cinnamon taste in the first two or three steeps. Not biting cinnamon but more like a creamy vanilla cinnamon.

What is even more impressive about this tea is that I am on steep 5 (6?) at about 1 minute and the leaves and the liquid both still hold that delicious vanilla cream cinnamon scent. The flavor is only slightly diminished but is still really, really tasty.

This is an exceptional flavored tea.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Creamy, Vanilla

180 °F / 82 °C 0 min, 30 sec 4 g 3 OZ / 100 ML
Lauren | A Quarter to Tea

I’m actually a chronic gong fu brewer myself, so I’m glad you experimented/enjoyed it that way as well! :)

mtchyg

Absolutely. I have to force myself to do western style nowadays. Congrats on this tea holding up.