Eggnog Pound Cake

White Tea
Cake, Cinnamon, Cream, Custard, Eggnog, Floral, Nutmeg, Artificial, Creamy, Pastries, Sweet, Vanilla, Milk, Butter, Sugar
Edit tea info Last updated by Lauren | A Quarter to Tea

From A Quarter to Tea

Eggnog Pound Cake:

The only thing that could possibly make a winter-y cup of eggnog better is to bake it into a cake. Or a pound cake in this case! White peony tea works as the base for this creamy, cake-y tea accented with a pinch of nutmeg and cinnamon.

All orders come in resealable packaging and include a reusable muslin cotton tea bag.

Ingredients:

Organic White Peony tea, calendula petals, ceylon cinnamon, nutmeg, sprinkles, natural flavors

Brew and Size Instructions:

Use 1 tbsp for an 8 oz cup
Steep for 5 minutes at 180F water

About A Quarter to Tea View company

Delicious…yummy in a cup. A nice balance of flavors. One of the better dessert teas I have tried. It does not have a nutmeg flavor so much as a custardy flavor. I actually made this in my travel press this morning.

Flavors: Cake, Cinnamon, Cream, Custard, Eggnog

This is a winner. I may even love it more than actual eggnog.

For old fans of Butiki’s Creamy Eggnog, this is a more than adequate replacement. The main differences are this has a somewhat floral white tea base instead of a green, and it takes a backseat to the flavouring instead of being particularly noteworthy in it’s own right.

The smooth and creamy eggnog flavour is spot on, with even the odd hint of cake. I just need to remember not to double fist it with On Wisconsin Jade Oolong; that was possibly too much cake this morning (but so good that I secretly regret nothing)!

Steep Count: 2

Flavors: Cake, Cinnamon, Cream, Eggnog, Floral, Nutmeg

Ooohhh…..

CrowKettle

This tea is good people, Sil. Did you pick up a sample of this in your order?

nopers. it was gone, think it was a limited edition, but between a bunch of us we may have enough someday to get 4oz made.

CrowKettle

No, no! There’s more! D: Although it does seem like it should be seasonal tea.. (not complaining).

weird…totally wasn’t there when i looked…i’m losing my mind i guess. I’ll have to add it to the wishlist and check it out next order heh

CrowKettle

It definitely feels like there are teas that are missing or have moved from the limited edition section since I ordered on the site so you aren’t the only one :/

Been drinking this tea like crazy. It’s definitely a keeper.

I get a lot of creamy, custard notes from this (especially as a latte), however I’m not getting nutmeg/eggnog spices. Doesn’t matter, though, because you can’t complain about custard and cream.

Flavors: Cream, Custard, Milk

This tea is good, but I’m a little puzzled. Cinnamon in eggnog?! Nutmeg is quintessential for eggnog, so the cinnamon is throwing me off. It is however a very creamy smooth tea. It reminds me a little of a butterscotch tea I have had and enjoyed. I’m a little distracted by the aftertaste of green beans and Indian curry that seem to be lingering the more I try to concentrate on the flavors of the tea. Cinnamon fades the further I sip into this cup. Adding sugar didn’t do much for me and I think I added a little too much cream, so now the bottom of my cup is cream with light notes of nog.

Mmm so glad I finally tried this company.
This tea is delicious. Ya’ll know I love white tea. The base is creamy and dreamy.
Sweet, but not overly so or fake sugar tasting. The eggy flavour is there with just a hint of nutmeg and cinnamon. The spices could have been a tad bit stronger in my opinion but overall, a very good tea.
The resteep at 5 minutes was just as lovely as the first.

SO! I (still) have so much tea that I could probably use it to insulate a house, which means that I have been on a tea-buying hiatus, for the most part, aside from a few little things here and there – for the last year or more. I’ve been dutifully (and with pleasure) chugging my way through my current stash, and kind of mentally wishlisting teas or companies I’d like to buy from in the future. AQTT was on that list for awhile. So on Black Friday i was like eff it, i’m doing it, and I went a little crazy (considering the crappy Canadian exchange rate), but no regrets! THEN while I was waiting for my order to ship I found out I was one of two Canadian winners of 6 oz of AQTT! I mean talk about excitement. SO MUCH.

Yesterday the tea arrived! Of course I have a tracking app on my phone for my multitudes of online orders, and I was checking it ALL DAY, I even went home for lunch to see if it was there. If we’re being honest I was trying to get to it before the end of the day when my husband would be with me, because EVEN THOUGH I’ve not bought tea in forever, it’s still the time of the year where I should be spending money on others and being restrained with my own purchases. HAHAHAHAH. Yeah. And of COURSE it wasn’t there at lunch but when I got home and saw it in the mailbox I’m sure my eyes were twinkling with little sparkles of pure joy. No exaggeration, bubble mailer JAMMED full of tea – bigger than my head, hard to justify that one away BUT since I had won the contest who can argue with free tea?! Not even my frugal & budgety husband! (I tease, he’s great and always TCB)

I opened that thing up like it was Christmas morning and I was tearing into some kind of fly new Barbie toy from Santa. The mailperson was Santa yesterday. Or AQTT was Santa.

You’re probably wondering about this tea……..

I ended up adding a second ounce to my order once I won the contest, because I had high hopes for this and I freakin love eggnog AND one of my all time favourite teas would be the Creamy Eggnog tea from Butiki (a single teardrop just rolled down my cheek)… I have been hoarding that one but I DO realize it won’t last forever.

Anyway this was the first one I cracked open to sniff last night, and the first one I brewed up. AQTT stands on its own and I don’t mean to just compare this company to Butiki, but I have to stress that once I got sick of most flavoured teas for their weird chemicalness and the fact that most of them didn’t seem to use particularly good tea leaves in their blends… Butiki remained as the shining example that all other flavoured teas had to live up to. I had heard good things about AQTT but with the shipping costs and exchange rate it was something I couldn’t justify until now….. SO GLAD I DID

This tea is creamy, and soft, and eggy, and has the perfect subtle blend of eggnog spices, and is VERY similar to Creamy Eggnog in terms of flavoring. I love the white tea used as well, makes the flavours stand out, as you might normally expect a black tea to be used.

To summarize, this tea was a big bunch of YESYESYESYESYES for me.

I cannot wait to try the rest of my massive head sized AQTT ordered teas :)

Dustin

I have been on a buying hiatus (for the most part) for over a year now too. I think I’m starting to see a dent in my hoard, but not by much. From reading all the reviews, AQTT is a temptation to quit my hiatus!

Looking forward to your reviews on these…

ohfancythat (whatshesaid)

I’m wondering if I should try to drink through some older teas before I open all of these ones… but I can’t even SMELL them unless i cut the bags, BOO

hahahah

Nattie

Noooo you should try the new teas while they’re fresh! I am in no way trying to influence you for my own gain (I’m low-key stalking your tealog waiting for reviews) * eye twitches *

Hey, listen. I’m only two teas into A Quarter to Tea so far but really… Impressive is the word I’m going to use. I was on the verge of dismissing almost all flavored teas but this company/person has revived my belief that there are good flavored teas to be had.

The dry leaf certainly smells pretty spot on with the name of the tea. There is a slight artificial edge underneath. Not enough to be off putting but it gave me pause. Not to worry. The flavor of the tea after it brewed really nails it.

I did gong fu style which I’m sure I wasn’t supposed to with this tea but yeah I do what I want haha. The scent that wafts up from the brewing liquor is pretty amazing. I served some to my mom and wife and they both took notice to how good it smelled from the cup. There is a certain cinnamon taste in the first two or three steeps. Not biting cinnamon but more like a creamy vanilla cinnamon.

What is even more impressive about this tea is that I am on steep 5 (6?) at about 1 minute and the leaves and the liquid both still hold that delicious vanilla cream cinnamon scent. The flavor is only slightly diminished but is still really, really tasty.

This is an exceptional flavored tea.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Creamy, Vanilla

180 °F / 82 °C 0 min, 30 sec 4 g 3 OZ / 100 ML
Lauren | A Quarter to Tea

I’m actually a chronic gong fu brewer myself, so I’m glad you experimented/enjoyed it that way as well! :)

mtchyg

Absolutely. I have to force myself to do western style nowadays. Congrats on this tea holding up.

It’s not often that a blend hits so close to what was intended for it. Often, I find that names do more to disappoint the drinker than describe the flavor of the blend. Why is that? Does the blender start with a name and stick with it, or do they actually name the tea once they have tasted it?

Anyway, this blend hit rather close to its name, but not quite…for me at least. The base was sweet and creamy, combining well with the buttery vanilla flavors. It actually tasted like a poundcake, which was awesome. There may be a bit of egginess, but rather than contributing to an eggnog flavor, it lends itself further to the cake flavor of the tea. There’s a hint of artificiality to it, but it’s well within tolerable parameters for me.

I didn’t really catch any of the eggnog. It might be because of the age of tea, but I didn’t catch any of the nutmeg and cinnamon notes. Since I’m not really a fan of eggnog, that’s okay with me.

I may have to get more of this.

Flavors: Butter, Cream, Sweet, Vanilla

Daylon R Thomas

I still have some left over if you want it. I think that it is a little over half an ounce.

Hoálatha

Did you not like it?

Since QTT is still selling it, I had planned on waiting for a sale or something. . .

Daylon R Thomas

I did. Mine’s just finicky. Some days it is smooth and creamy, other days it is dry and artificial.

Hoálatha

That’s weird. Although it does seem to skirt the line between nice and artificial. If you don’t want it, I’ll take it. :-)

Okay, I might need more of this. It is one of the best white blends that I’ve ever tried. It is creamy, light, sweet, but warming with a really nice hint of cinnamon at the end. I’ve actually been looking for a white tea like this and holy crap. This would be my ideal dessert. Steep one and two are awesome…I really don’t want it to fade in steep three…

Enough overpraising. This doesn’t taste exactly like Eggnog, but it is pretty similar in the type of creamy and slightly spiced profile. The pound cake element is a little bit stronger since the white tea does have an odd buttered texture. It still feels light on the tongue, but thick enough to coat it with a thin gloss. It’s like the lingering after taste of a pound cake, really.

For who it might be for, I would definitely recommend it to those looking for a creamier, or sweeter light tea. Some might think it’s way too light or weak, while others might think it’s too vanilla-y. There’s also a bit of a sugariness that would be up for debate on whether or not it’s more natural tasting or more artificial. I brewed it lighter, so it was more natural for me.

It’s one of my favorites that Lauren has made. In fact, I would recommend her lighter, creamier teas because she really kicks butt with them.

Flavors: Butter, Cake, Cinnamon, Cream, Sugar, Sweet, Vanilla