Rooibos Nutcracker

Fruit Rooibos Blend
Burnt Sugar, Chestnut, Nuts, Sweet, Wood
Bulk, Loose Leaf, Sachet
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

From Adagio Teas

How suite it is! Limited-edition holiday herbal features rooibos with fruit, nuts, caramel, and cocoa. Smooth, rich flavors offer natural sweetness and depth. This is the ideal blend to sip by the tree, on a snowy winter’s evening.

Blended With Rooibos Tea, Apple Pieces, Cocoa Nibs, Natural Caramel Flavor, Marigold Flowers, Natural Hazelnut Flavor, Blue Cornflowers & Natural Chestnut Flavor

About Adagio Teas View company

Not bad for a rooibos. It has a nice caramel like flavor. Almost maple waffle. A little nutty. I overstepped it and it still turned out okay. I was distracted when sipping it while trying to make a fire with wet wood. I eventually succeeded, but it rained last night so no fire for me tonight. :/

Cameron B.

It’s been pouring here for the last two days, blegh.

Dustin

It’s been off and on here for a few days now, but it is more of a moderate drizzle.

2033 tasting notes

Adagio Advent Calendar – Day 18

To be honest, I’m getting a bit tired of nutty teas lately – it seems like there have been a lot of them in my advents.

This one is very simple in flavor, it mostly just tastes like woody rooibos with some chestnut notes. Although looking at the ingredients, it looks like there are cacao nibs and caramel flavor as well. Unfortunately, I’m not really getting caramel past the natural dark sort of burnt sugar notes from the rooibos. The chestnut flavor is rich and pleasant.

Overall it’s a bit thin, and it sort of feels like a blander version of their banana nut honeybush.

(today’s advent teas: https://www.instagram.com/p/CI8bVHGAmpT/)

Flavors: Burnt Sugar, Chestnut, Nuts, Sweet, Wood

Very good tea. Would definitely repurchase in 3oz quantity.

I really wanted to love this one.

I bought this as a work tea because I was running out of herbals, and I need them to balance out the other teas I’m fond of drinking. This was one that sounded so good to me on Adagio’s site. And it is good. It’s just not as caramel tasting as I expected. Good, kind of sweet, but also woody. I liked this one, but I probably won’t reorder it.

Flavors: Wood

I wish this had more nuttiness. It mostly just tastes the same as Adagio’s caramel rooibos. I quite like the caramel rooibos, but I wanted this to be more true to its name. I find it amusing that Adagio automatically puts anything you order a 3 oz or larger size of into your “favorites” tab. Sometimes it just seems more cost effective to go with a larger size, but now these random teas I decided to try are forever “favorites”. I don’t use this tab anyway, so it doesn’t matter, it’s just funny to me.

Let the record reflect that this is delicious as a latte. It’s a fabulous dessert tea anyway, but the extra milk (and a little honey and vanilla essence) take it to a whole new level. It’s super-sweet (but not in a way that’s particularly cloying or overpowering), with lots of chestnut flavour, and an underlying richness that’s hard to define. It all adds up to extreme deliciousness, let me tell you.

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 8 OZ / 250 ML
Evol Ving Ness

Extreme deliciousness! Could do with some of that.