Under The Willow

Green Tea
Bulk, Loose Leaf
Edit tea info Last updated by Roswell Strange

From August Uncommon Tea

Under the Willow – japanese green tamaryokucha tea Under the Willow – japanese green tamaryokucha tea
Tastes Like: sweet alfalfa, almond, mâche
Feels Like: the gentle hum of cicadas in the afternoon

We finally found a Japanese sencha that we think Americans will love. This one is sweet and delicate, unlike many senchas. It has a marvelous bright green color. With each sip, you feel a rejuvenating, cooling sensation. As an iced tea, it is even sweeter, milder and more refreshing.

A gentle tea for daydreaming on a warm afternoon.

Ingredients: pure tamaryokucha tea from ureshino, kyushu, japan

120g tin makes 34 cups of tea
14g deluxe sample make 4 cups of tea

About August Uncommon Tea View company

Sipdown (628)!

Happy to clear out another green tea from my cupboard. This one is a little bit bitter; I over steeped it by just a touch. It doesn’t make a huge difference though, even if it wasn’t over steeped I know I wouldn’t like it. Profile is rather umami overall with lots of green bean, lawn clipping, and moss sort of notes. Not as nutty as I’ve experienced in the past, either. It is made better by the fact I’m drinking it while also eating some matcha white chocolate. I’ve been putting a square in my mouth, and then taking a big sip of hot tea – it melts the chocolate, and the whole thing just becomes this sweet and creamy bomb of green tea chocolate in my mouth. Big improvement, in terms of flavour.

Farewell, tea.