Milk Oolong Chai

Chai Oolong Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Scheherazade

1 Tasting Note View all

From Bird & Blend Tea Co.

Product description not available yet.

About Bird & Blend Tea Co. View company

1 Tasting Note

295/365

Another of Bird & Blend’s autumn collection, and the one I was most excited to try. Partly because chai equals autumn, but also because it sounds like an interesting combination (and one I’m sure I’ve not come across much before…if ever, now I think about it!)
Most of the usual chai suspects are present and correct – ginger, cinnamon, cardamom, chili – with the addition of cocoa shells, and (of course!) the Taiwanese milk oolong base.

I brewed my first cup as per B&B’s recommendation, and it comes out pretty light and mild. It’s deliciously creamy, and I love how that works with the chai flavours. It’s pretty much a match made in heaven. In terms of spice, I can taste mostly ginger and cardamom, plus a touch of chocolate. Nothing much else comes through, but that’s a minor criticism given that it’s delicious anyway. The milk oolong is definitely the star here, and it deservedly so.

I’m tempted to fiddle around with leaf quantity or brew time a little with future cups, just to try and bring out the chai spices a little more. If this is as good as it gets, though, then I’m happy anyway.

180 °F / 82 °C 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp