Pu-erh Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Mandy

1 Tasting Note View all

• “I’ve been really impressed with my Bird Pick samples so far. All have been things I can see myself restocking in the future. And I really enjoy ripe pu-erh so I was really looking forward to trying...” Read full tasting note

From Bird Pick Tea & Herb

Origin: Yunnan
Brew: Mahogany
Flavor: Refreshing with smoky and woodsy notes

Pu-Erh is a post-fermented tea named after the region in Yunnan Province in which it is produced. The processing involves leaving large, mostly unoxidized green tea leaves, called maocha, to naturally oxidize for a relatively long period of time before it is processed and pressed into various forms. This “aging” process not only creates a unique aroma and flavor, but also makes it taste better with age if stored properly, much like wine.

Yunnan Pu-Erh comes from the isolated and mountainous province of Yunnan in China where the trees used are over 700 years old.

Item: 110011-1
Size:4 oz resealable bag

About Bird Pick Tea & Herb View company

1 Tasting Note

I’ve been really impressed with my Bird Pick samples so far. All have been things I can see myself restocking in the future. And I really enjoy ripe pu-erh so I was really looking forward to trying this.

1 heaping tsp, 8oz water, boiling, 2,3,4 minutes.

This is a really good shou. Earthy, sweet, and not super dark, heavy, or intense. This is medium bodied, super smooth, and so easy to drink. All three steeps kept dissapearing on me. This is what I consider a perfect everyday shou pu. Tasty and addictive, without feeling too decadent. I always feel like I need to spend extra time and effort gongfu style steeping most ripe puerhs, but this one is so good western style.