Yasha's Book of Flowers

Black Herbal Oolong Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Roswell Strange

1 Tasting Note View all

From Black Lotus Tea

Tasting notes: Chamomile and lavender flavors float nicely on a base of a Phoenix oolong, which has a slight sweet honey and orchid flavor. Rose lingers just in the background.

Blended with: phoenix oolong, lavender, chamomile, lemongrass, rose black tea, rose petals, blue cornflowers, marigold petals, natural rose flavor.

“I have many flowers to bring her…”

About Black Lotus Tea View company

1 Tasting Note

Okay – this is pretty close to being the perfect blend composition for the character it’s inspired by. I absolutely would have gone with the exact same floral approach, and the level of florals is actually really balanced here: I taste rose, lavender, and chamomile without this being aggressively floral/perfumey. Rose is probably the strongest of that trio, but not by a whole lot.

I think the only change I may have made was using something like a mix of more neutral black tea and then some smoky Lapsang Souchong as the tea base. That burly aggressive smoke would have felt appropriate to me for this gothic looking barbarian, but I wouldn’t have wanted it to drown out the soft floral sweetness. That said, I like the Phoenix Oolong base a lot in terms of blend composition/flavour – it’s honey sweetness and light roast give a really nice complimentary body and depth to the florals.