Caramel Apple Dream

Herbal Tea
Chamomile, Cinnamon, Ginger, Hibiscus, Natural Apple Flavor, Natural Caramel Flavor, Natural Flavours, Orange Peel, Roasted Chicory Root, Sea Salt
Apple, Cinnamon, Honey, Ginger, Sour, Tart, Clove, Nutmeg, Spices, Apple Candy, Caramel, Maple, Sweet, Green Apple
Tea Bag
Caffeine Free
Kosher
Edit tea info Last updated by Amanda
Boiling 5 min, 30 sec 4 oz / 118 ml

From Celestial Seasonings

“This dreamy blend perfectly captures the experience of biting into a freshly dipped caramel apple. Sweet apple and cinnamon flavors are quickly followed by the melt-in-your-mouth taste and aroma of creamy caramel, plus hints of maple and just a dash of sea salt to balance the sweetness.” -Charlie Boden, Celestial Seasonings Blendmaster

HOT TEA BY THE CUP:
Pour freshly boiled water over one tea bag. Steep 4 to 6 minutes and remove tea bag. Sweeten if desired.

ICED TEA BY THE PITCHER:
Pour 2 cups boiling water over four tea bags in a heat-resistant container. Steep 4 to 6 minutes and remove tea bags. If desired, add sweetener while tea is hot. Add 2 cups cold water and chill.

About Celestial Seasonings View company

Mildly flavored hot leaf water.

I actually love this tea.

You know how caramel apples seem so brilliant and appetizing, in theory? It’s the holiday season and it’s dark out but the incandescent lights of a mall are so yellow and warm, and now that you’re inside you’re actually starting to get a a little toasty in your heavy jacket. You peer into the glass display case of That Commercial Confectioner (name withheld) and see rows and rows of sleek, shiny, beautiful candied fruits. You can just imagine the complementary marriage of apple and caramel: sweet-on-tart, creamy-on-crunchy, gooey-on-firm.

Then you buy the apple and the caramel is really thick and actually hyper-sweetened with no darkness or richness and you can barely even penetrate it because it clogs your jaw. And when you finally do, you’re left with a sad, naked, hardened Granny Smith, bare of caramel and bereft of flavor. And you are so sad. So you just eat the caramel and then feel bad because you wasted the apple, and curse Corporate America and The Holidays and spend the remainder of the day grinching out, surreptitiously trying to pry caramel out of your molars whilst being accosted by holiday salespeople.

You know what I mean…right? But this tea doesn’t do that. This tea doesn’t disappoint. Being a liquid, it doesn’t suffer from the logistical plights of actual caramel apples. This tea is the caramel apple on the rack, perfect and glistening and full of holiday hope, sweet and warming and delicious. It is wonderful. Try it.

Flavors: Apple, Cinnamon, Honey

6 min, 30 sec 0 OZ / 0 ML

So at around 12:30, I was checking out a crochet pattern and decided I need new yarn. Consequently, my mom and I decided to venture out to the 24hr Wal Mart up the street. Then, 2 hrs later we left with no yarn but a bunch of Batman and Marvel sweatshirts and this tea (which I was tricked into buying by Celestial Seasonings new packaging).

The color of the tea looked like plenty of hibby in the leaf but it is not tart. Unfortunately it is not caramel either and there is certainly no sea salt. Cinnamon is prevalent in this and a little bit of apple flavoring comes through right at the end but it’s a fake apple versus the taste of the fruit.

Actually, as I continue to drink I am getting more hibiscus which is making up part of the apple taste yet as the hibiscus comes out so does the caramel. It’s weird because the two flavors can be tasted at the same time and yet they aren’t blending. They are both there but both separate. I have this cold brewing as well so I guess we’ll see what happens with that.

rosebudmelissa

There are some Celestial Seasonings teas I really like, but I can’t stand anything apple flavored that they make.

VariaTEA

Yeah, I can see why. It`s a weird take on apple

tigress_al

Lol so you went to buy yarn and didn’t come home with yarn!! What were you planning on making?

VariaTEA

I did not on this trip but I got yarn today from a craft store. I plan on crocheting these tiny snowmen as part of belated Christmas gifts: http://mojimojidesign.com/teeny-tiny-snowmen/

Those are adorable!

I picked up the last two boxes they had of this in the grocery store before I moved so I should be set until it’s back next fall! That being said, I haven’t had much tea in the past few days amidst the hustle and bustle of moving.

I’ve had to change my method of making tea. Before I was using a keurig for hot water and now I get to use a kettle (yay!) While unpacking I keep forgetting I even made tea so this keeps getting cold… Unfortunately, I’ve learned that this is not a good iced tea :/

tigress_al

I find tea never really works that well with water from a Keurig for me :(

taipwnsu

Why is that? I’m still learning about correct water temperature and how to get the best possible cup so I’ve never had a problem but I also might just not know any better!

tigress_al

I don’t know, I guess the water never seems to be at the right temperature for the tea I’m brewing

I do love those Caramel Apple lollipops from the late 90’s….this tea is pretty much the same flavor only with out the sugar. I added some cinnamon to mine and it was really yummy!

Flavors: Apple Candy

The best part of this tea is it tastes just like a liquid caramel apple. The worst part is, well, do we need a tea that tastes like that?

I don’t taste any cinnamon or hibiscus.

There are other apple teas I enjoy much more. I think it’s just too much with the caramel.

I tend not to like Celestial Seasoning’s apple flavoring, so I was hesitant to try this. But, it had enough positive reviews here that I decided it was worth a shot. THe final verdict…I still don’t like Celestial Seasoning’s apple flavoring. It doesn’t taste too bad at first, but as the tea cools it gets sweeter and more artificial tasting to the point where I find the tea undrinkable. I am very much not a fan.

Boiling 8 min or more 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
jeweledthumb

Um, is there anything you’d want to trade this for? I can’t find it anymore and would love some more.

rosebudmelissa

I just put half of it in the Herbal Traveling Tea box I put together. If you’re interested in that, I could throw in the rest and send if off to you first. You’re in Maryland like me, so that wouldn’t be an issue. If not, I can pull it out to trade. You look like you have quite a few things I’d be interested in trying.

jeweledthumb

Either way works for me. =)

rosebudmelissa

It would probably be easier for me if you join the box. One less thing to mail out. The discussion is here if you want to subscribe to it: http://steepster.com/discuss/9917-herbal-ttb-sign-ups-open

jeweledthumb

You have an additional comment. =)

I was blown away by this one! It tastes exactly like a caramel apple. They managed to make it sweet without resorting to stevia (thank God) . The apple tastes genuine, and the caramel dances with it. The hibiscus and cinnamon were interesting choices, but upon sipping it, they work. The hibiscus works with the apple and brings in a tart note to counter the sweetness from the caramel and the cinnamon.

I hope they don’t stop making this one! It’s fabulous. Better than Bigelow’s seasonal Apple Cider flavor.

Flavors: Apple, Caramel, Cinnamon, Maple, Sweet, Tart

1990 tasting notes

Ha-ah! Found some! Granny Smith juice up front, a hint of burnt sugar in the back. Another one that may improve more with a little dairy and sugar, but I’m far too schleppy to get up. (Reveling in the dregs of a decadently quiet holiday weekend: tree up, cat snoozing on my lap, “Fiddler on the Roof” cranked up loud. L’chaim!)

K S

I see you survived the morning.

gmathis

We did OK. Sunday teaching is different from classroom teaching—-you really need smaller groups and numbers so you can talk instead of refereeing six conversations at once. All the same, I love this rowdy bunch. You can see these wonderful glimmers of what kind of people they’re going to be.

Kristal

Ohh sounds like it may make a Good latte!

Not a fan.

I got this for my boyfriend to try since he really likes warm apple drinks in the colder months and loves caramel. Turns out that this is so not for me. It tastes like a sour apple with a lot more sourness than should still be present after coating it in caramel. The caramel isn’t really noticeable, especially compared to how strong I thought it would be based on the name. There also seemed to be a fine line between weak and overpowering when it came to steep times. My cup was too weak at 3 1/2 minutes, so he left his bag in for almost 5. The hibiscus in this kind of took over at that point. Why on earth did hibiscus need to be the second ingredient in this tea?!?!?? Oh well. The search continues for an apple-y caramelly tea that he’ll like.

Flavors: Green Apple, Sour

Cameron B.

Ick! I hate hibiscus, especially since it’s in so many teas in which it doesn’t belong. :(

The Cookie Lady

I don’t normally dislike hibiscus when something is supposed to taste like hibiscus (for example: tropical blends or some fruity herbals). But, as you said, it is often included in blends it has no business being a part of. And that just makes me frowny. This had kind of a weird ingredient list overall. At least it was cheap and I get experience points for trying more teas :)

Kittenna

I actually haven’t yet found a great caramel apple tea. Both Butiki’s and 52teas’ didn’t quite cut it for me. I’ll keep an eye out to see if you find anything!