Herbal Tea
Caffeine Free
Kosher
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

3 Images

• “I’ve been drinking this one almost exclusively for the last week and a half due to a life-long digestion issue that has become more and more intense and disturbing. Because of this…I have changed...” Read full tasting note
  • “I steeped this for a good long while, and it came out really nice and strong. Very calming on the stomach, and a soothing herbal for the night. I happen to love the menthol feel that peppermint tea...” Read full tasting note
  • “Confession first: this isn’t Celestial Seasonings; it’s looseleaf bulk from the local herb & indie grocery, but I’m too lazy to poke through 64 pages of peppermint brands trying to find what...” Read full tasting note
  • “Bizarre. This came in the herbal sampler pack. My friend bought it for when DEV came to sing at our school, but DEV didn’t want it, so she gave it to me instead. I didn’t really know what I wanted...” Read full tasting note

From Celestial Seasonings

“The aromatic Oregon- and Washington-grown peppermint we’ve selected for this tea tastes so fresh and delicious that it requires no accompaniment – it’s the only ingredient here. Once reserved for exclusive use in cakes and candies, the whistling cool freshness of pure peppermint from the great Pacific Northwest is yours to enjoy in this comforting brew."

—Charlie Baden, Celestial Seasonings Blendmaster

Hot Tea by the Cup

Pour freshly boiled water over one tea bag. Steep 4 to 6 minutes and remove tea bag. Sweeten if desired.

Iced Tea by the Glass

Pour 1 cup boiling water over two tea bags in a heat-resistant container. Steep 4 to 6 minutes and remove tea bags. If desired, add sweetener while tea is hot. Add 1 cup cold water and chill.

Iced Tea by the Pitcher

Pour 2 cups boiling water over four tea bags in a heat-resistant container. Steep 4 to 6 minutes and remove tea bags. If desired, add sweetener while tea is hot. Add 2 cups cold water and chill.

About Celestial Seasonings View company

The only thing my aching stomach could tolerate today.

Rena Sherwood

Hope you feel better.

I’m not a fan of peppermint tea, but this was part of my sampler pack so I’m working on finishing the bags I have remaining. It’s not a tea I’d purchase again, but I would recommend it to anyone who likes peppermint tea and wants something low-cost and easy to find.

Obviously, it smells and tastes like peppermint. I’m not picking up on any other flavors but the peppermint flavor is not overpowering even though it’s the main aroma/flavor.

As I’m not a fan of this tea, I opted to mix the remaining tea bags with a chocolate tea I’m, also, not a fan of. The combination of the two along with a little sugar and milk has made both teas more pleasant for my palate. If rating the tea as part of a combination (like my chocolate mint combo), I’d rate the tea closer to 40-45.

Flavors: Peppermint

To be honest I can not really tell much of a difference between different brands of peppermint, most of the variety is likely saying more about the freshness of what the store is carrying. Although with that being said to far Celestial Seasonings has stood out as my favorite as it has a thicker flavor. Although that is likely because their bags are slightly larger than other brands like Twinings. Regardless being the perfect sized teabag for my favorite mug is enough to win me over.

A lovely, pure peppermint that tastes exactly how it’s supposed to. Never disappoints.

1997 tasting notes

There is a nice spicy sweetness to it, which makes for a nice hot tea of a wintry day. My only critique is that it is too minty for me, which overpowered the other flavours. This tea is sweet enough by itself that it doesn’t need any honey. It is good by itself but makes an especially wonderful steamed milk latte.

Flavors: Menthol, Mint, Peppermint, Spicy, Sweet

Boiling 2 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 10 OZ / 300 ML

I have this tea left from the holidays I’m trying to work thru them. Today is raining and its a little cold so had this tea while studying. Is not bad it has a very strong and peppermint flavor to it i also taste vanilla mind tone. I am loving Celestial seasonings new packaging I’m a sucker for presentation. will definitely try some of their other flavors. Any recommendations?

Shae

My favorite Celestial Seasonings blend is their chai. I fell in love with it after someone left a box at work, but I haven’t been able to find it since. I tried the chai from their new Steep line, but it’s not at all the same. Their True Blueberry is good too. It tastes and smells like a blueberry muffin.

This tea page is actually for CS’s straight peppermint tea. The Candy Cane Lane version is here: http://steepster.com/teas/celestial-seasonings/2148-candy-cane-lane.

Yep, this is peppermint. Brews up strongly and is nice and relaxing after a long work week.

Flavors: Mint, Peppermint

Boiling 2 min, 45 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML

Once again this is a pure peppermint tea but it just doesn’t taste quite as good or as smooth as the last few pure peppermint teas I drank. The ingredients says “Peppermint” and it almost tastes like it is made with a breath peppermint rather than peppermint leaves.

195 °F / 90 °C 6 min, 30 sec 10 OZ / 295 ML

On the high end of decent for me. The peppermint definitely is able to stand out more once a sweetener is added. Not amazing, but not bad for a run-of-the-mill store tea. If I’m going with mint, I prefer a Moroccan Mint.

Flavors: Peppermint

The last few times I’ve had mint tea it has come out bitter and unappealing. I remembered this time and steeped at a lower temperature so now it is much better. It’s still not a favorite, but it certainly has a good taste now.

175 °F / 79 °C 8 min or more 8 OZ / 236 ML