Oolong Tea
Tea Bag
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by Patrick Berkeley

From Choice Organic Teas

Savor the delicious complexity of this sophisticated oolong. After plucking, the leaves are lightly bruised and briefly oxidized to create a tea with a balance and harmony all its own. A gentle earthiness with hints of smoke, a lingering finish and a delightful aroma make this a remarkably enticing and enriching cup.

About Choice Organic Teas View company

A decent tasting Oolong. Hints of smoke and a lovely fruit flavor that hits about mid-sip. A nice Oolong to enjoy with dinner!

Michelle Butler Hallett

Oooh, that sounds goooooood.

Wanted to add more here: the flavor certainly is more like a bitter black tea than an oolong. I couldn’t guess it was an oolong if it were a blind taste test. The steep color is an amber red. On my new scale of oolong flavor strength, 1 being the lightest and most floral, 5 being the strongest flavor, this one is a 5!

This is a nice tasting oolong for a bagged oolong! Woodsy and slightly smoky. Not bad at all!

Tasted more like an assam than an oolong to me, still quite nice. Medium bodied, pleasant flavor. It’s a more oxidized oolong but not too heavily so, and with a bit of roastiness. Good quality for a bagged tea.

My first brew of 190 degrees for 5 minutes created a slightly bitter oolong whereas my second brew I opted, again, for 190 degrees but shortened the steep time to 3 minutes and experienced no bitterness.

Smell-wise, I picked up hints of cinnamon and herbs in scent but the taste was a straight forward oolong tea.

This is a tea I feel stands on its own or as the base to a flavored brew. Also, I did not find the need to add any sweeteners or milk to make it drinkable. Overall I was pleased with it and would drink it again.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Herbs

This is my favorite tea available at the market. It’s perfect. I have it at all times of day including before bed and it’s the best tea. It’s light — it’s sort of smokey and definitely fruity, but there is also a nutty/buttery sort of taste/and feel to the tea. Unlike some other oolongs I have – you need to watch the steep time. With Choice oolong I leave the tea bag in the entire time I drink the tea and it never gets bitter. To me it only taste even better. This is really a great tea. Try Bigelow’s Chinese Oolong and then try Choice oolong if you are looking to really compare and contrast oolong tea. Definitely buy this.

One of the better bagged teas with at least a slight earthiness. Still, it sucks.