Cavalla French Roast

Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by VariaTEA

From Crio Bru

Premium Roasted cocoa with natural hints of coconut and cinnamon

Winding along its western front, the Cavalla River gives shape to the exotic Ivory Coast. The surrounding agricultural area is dotted with small, family-owned farms that produce the very best African cacao. The dark, earthy-toned beans are carefully handpicked and dried naturally by the sun to enhance the full-bodied chocolate flavor, which hints of dark spice, coconut and cinnamon. These incredible natural flavors come to life when you brew a cup of Cavalla™, made from 100% pure, darkly Roasted cocoa beans.

For those that like a darker Roasted premium coffee, this is the perfect Crio Brü.

About Crio Bru View company

This stuff is good – rich and creamy. However, when I steeped this I think I was in the mood for a sweet hot chocolate type treat and this is a bit more grown up and dark chocolate-esque.

QueenOfTarts

Mmm. This sounds tasty!

Sipdown (118)!

Well, this is the last of the Crio Bru blends from VariaTEA. They were a little hit or miss for me, though as a whole I found them more enjoyable than Cacao from Herbal Infusions. Still not sure if there were any I’d purchase though.

This one wasn’t super exceptional to me; it came off as very bitter, and I definitely picked up on the cinnamon in it – I just don’t really care for cinnamon so that was a downside.

Less than impressed.

Backlog; Thank you VariaTEA! I really enjoyed this last night, even though I expected the vanilla to be a little stronger. It was just perfect with a dash of milk.

My kid was pretty sure it was for her, so I guess next time I’ll have to make enough to share.

Cavocorax

Oh, and they have a pumpkin spice one: http://www.criobru.ca/pumpkin-spice-winter-blend/ I’m getting closer to being able to justify a little order!

Fjellrev

OMG this stuff sounds awesome. I’m going to have to get some too. Did you just use a coffee maker?

OMGsrsly

OH MY GOODNESS, I didn’t need to know about that. Must. Resist… :)

Cavocorax

I would try it if I had one because it’s SO THICK. I steeped it in my metal cup from Davids and it looks very sludgy at the end of the steep. But it’s tasty. And with milk it’s very close to hot chocolate!

Fjellrev

Wow, thanks for the review! What an interesting concept.

OMGsrsly

Sometimes I use a french press, sometimes I use a steeping cup. Works both ways, really. The packaging says to not use paper filters, and I will, umm, agree with that.

What’s the difference between Cavalla and Cavalla French Roast? I don’t think I can discern any. They are both creamy, dark chocolate with subtle coconut hints.

YUM.

Cameron B.

I found a local healthy food store that carries one of the Crio Bru varieties and I was excited! I didn’t buy it, but I may have to soon! :)

OMGsrsly

Do it, Cameron! :D So much better than the cacao shells.

Courtney

I agree. I don’t know that I really need cacao any longer now.

i do…only for LB mixing though..

Courtney

I’m going to mix this one with LB and see what happens soon.

haha let me know!