Mint Chocolate Chai

Chai Green Blend
Cardamom, Cloves, Cocoa Nibs, Flavouring, Ginger, Green Tea, Marshmallow Root, Natural Spice Flavor, Orange, Peppermint
Edit tea info Last updated by derk

1 Tasting Note View all

• “derk: Smells like somebody dropped an Andes mint into dirty chai (chai with a shot of espresso), tastes kinda like a dirty chocolate chai or mexican hot chocolate but with a green tea taste and...” Read full tasting note

From Cuppa Geek

Mint Chocolate Chai

A tea that doesn’t sound like it would be delicious, but it really is. The flavors mix so very well and almost come off as cookie like!

Limited Blend

Ingredients: Green Tea, Cocoa Nibs, Natural Chocolate Mint Flavoring, Peppermint Leaves, Orange, Ginger, Cardamom, Cloves, Marshmallow Root & Natural Spice Flavor

About Cuppa Geek View company

1 Tasting Note

derk:

Smells like somebody dropped an Andes mint into dirty chai (chai with a shot of espresso), tastes kinda like a dirty chocolate chai or mexican hot chocolate but with a green tea taste and body. It sips like thin peppermint chocolate that moves into a clean, mineral-dry grass base green tea mid-mouth, then with the swallow, it’s again like that Andes mint dropped in a dirty chai.  I can taste cloves – strongly – but I personally think it’s in good proportion to the chocolate.  I taste a good amount of cardamom, too (I get Turkish cardamom coffee vibes!); a hint of orange zest, no ginger.   The peppermint is clean and cooling in the mouth, but overall the tea is very drying.  Interesting! and kind of true to the name. I like it but it’s just so drying. There’s potential with this blend. Wish I had some koulourakia to dip. It’s your basic Greek butter cookie that people have with coffee.

Kiki:

“Hmmmm.  Is that clooove? hehehe  It smells like some Greek cookies baking in the oven. sips, does a double take HA!! that was a surprise! ooh.  It kinda smells like some incense.  Yeah that’s a surprise!  Am I getting a little chocolate in taste, some carob or something?  I’m getting the clove flavor – numbs your mouth.  Smells like my grandma’s medicine cabinet.  Is it carob and peppermint?  I get like a Tootsie Pop, uh chocolate pop and then a c-cool one.  Maybe it’s mint chocolate, I dunno.”

For the record, the package I received was labelled Mint Chocolate Chip with less ingredients but it’s definitely the Mint Chocolate Chai on the website.

Flavors: Artificial, Candy, Cardamon, Chocolate, Clove, Coffee, Cookie, Dry Grass, Drying, Earth, Medicinal, Mineral, Orange Zest, Peppermint

Martin Bednář