Matcha Genmaicha

Edit tea info Last updated by Perry Papadopoulos

2 Images

From DAVIDsTEA

ORIGINAL DESCRIPTION:

This is one of those happily-ever-after stories. First, some genius came up with the idea of putting roasted brown rice and sencha green tea together to make genmaicha. And then another genius thought, ‘Why not add a little matcha and see what happens?’ Here’s what happens: you get a totally fabulous tea that’s deeper in taste and colour, and higher in antioxidants. Nice!

NEW (2017) DESCRIPTION:

We love a good classic as much as the next tea lover. But sometimes we like to mix things up a bit. Take this iconic Genmaicha tea – a staple in every Japanese household since World War II. We love its comforting flavours of roasted popped brown rice and green tea so much we decided to supercharge them. How? With a light dusting of energizing matcha for extra body and flavour. Think buttery, lively and delicious. Pop, pop and away!

Ingredients: Organic: Roasted rice, green tea, matcha green tea.

Price: $12.98 per 50g

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Not the best Matcha I have tried, but still decent. My main factor was that I just think it was too pricey for the amount given. Definitely better options out there that aren’t as costly.

I had a cup of this tea at the store on 3rd ave in NYC after Zumba class.
It was very relaxing to me and the taste was nice.

When I found Genmaicha Tea, I thought nothing would ever beat it! I love green tea, but the warm and toasty rice pushed my enjoyment way up. Genmaicha was created by Poor Japanese who added the toasted rice to their tea as a filler and to make it less costly. The unique flavour has caught on and it is now enjoyed by people like me! And now, you’ve taken my favourite tea and added matcha to it! If you don’t know, matcha is a fine powder that gives things like mochi and green tea ice cream their flavour! Matcha is high in – well – everything good!! Lots of antioxidents, and high in caffeine content, Matcha is a great energy provider. When you add it to Genmaicha the result is one healthy, warm, comforting, energizing, yummy cup of tea!

I’ve been on a genmaicha kick recently. This is lovely. I just wish I ordered more of it. Two “perfect spoons” or whatever David’s calls the (free!) rose-gold spoon that came with my order seemed to take a big chunk out of the bag!

3 min, 0 sec 2 tsp

Backlogging this one. Ew. I tried this in store as a sample because why not? I wasn’t going to try it otherwise. This is definitely NOT my cup of tea. It tastes like roasted rice and butter. Yuck.

Flavors: Butter, Rice

Picked this one out to drink for work today,

However unbeknownst to our staff, the National Science Fair competition is occurring in Regina this week and today the non-science related event for out of province attendees/competitors was an evening of shopping at the mall. So, suffice to say we were pretty slammed what with roughly 100 science competition goers coming in for iced cups of teas. I mean, not all at once – but still.

By the time I made it to my tea, it was pretty stone cold. That said, it still tasted really delightful! For steeping, I opted to use our 95 degree tap instead of the 75 degree one and I only steeped for two minutes – a trick I learned from Butiki to get the most roastiness out of the flavour. So yes, this was very smooth and roasty with a bit of sweetness from the green tea, cocoa powder undertones, and even a very faint touch of floral from the infused matcha. Very good!

Great green tea. I’ve always enjoyed adding roasted brown rice to the mix. Very relaxing cup!

i love this tea ..it is every morning wake up call so sorry they dont sell it anymore and i have to mix my own :(

Tried this again with a lower temperature. It definitely tastes better than the first time around, resteep again was good. Upping my rating on this one. You need to use more than that 1 teaspoon they tell you to use. I really wish that they used a higher quality sencha on this and more matcha. Could’ve been something wonderful.