Just Peachy

Fruit Herbal Blend
Apple, Blackberry Leaves, Peach
Fruity, Peach, Sweet, Apple, Artificial, Candy, Tart, Stonefruit, Sour, Apple Candy, Pear, Blackberry, Sugar, Sugarcane, Herbs, Pleasantly Sour, Green Apple, Tangy, Raspberry, Wood, Bitter, Rooibos
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Raediance04

From DAVIDsTEA

It took us years to find the perfect peach iced tea – but this sweet, summery blend is so peachy, it tastes like it’s fresh from the orchard. Now that we’ve finally mastered our favourite summer fruit, we just can’t get enough. And we keep discovering new, delicious ways to try it. It’s amazing mixed up with peach sliced and frozen into ice pops. Or served chilled with a splash of Prosecco. But the best way might just be straight up, with lots of ice and a touch of agave. However you enjoy it, this blend is a real peach.

Ingredients: Apple, sweet blackberry leaves, peach, natural and artificial flavouring.*

About DAVIDsTEA View company

#tiffanys2021sipdown Tea #174 overall / Tea #45 for April
Thursday 4/29 — DT Just Peachy… paper sachet with 2-3 PS. Cold-brewed about 20ish oz of water in glass jar 4/28, made into two “cold latte” with 3/4 tea + 1/4 half & half for Micah today while he was working. (:
#tiffanydrinkstea #tiffanys2021 #tiffanysfaves #tiffanyinthe614 #tiffanysteasipdown #sipdownchallenge

I bought this over the summer mostly for my husband who loves Snapple peach iced tea. It has a very strong sweet fake peachy smell. I brewed it hot last night. It was enjoyable. I think I didn’t use enough tea for my mug, though, as it was a bit watered down tasting compared to the strong scent

This tea tastes just like peach juice when iced. No sugar needed.

Flavors: Fruity, Peach, Sweet

Iced 8 min or more

Decided to try a cold steep of this one using the same amount of tea (0.75 tsp) for a more direct comparison to the hot version I made yesterday. Steeped it for one hour in 12 oz cold water in the fridge.

The colour is about 3/4 as dark I’d say of yesterday’s drink and while the scent of fuzzy peaches candy is still there, the flavour is still more of an peach/apple mix.

I do think that cold brew is my preferred taste of the two, however, because it does preserve more of the peach flavour than the hot brew had after it cooled down and the cold brew drink tastes less acidic and more sweet.

Several reviews of this tea I’ve read talk about steeping this cold overnight, which does sound like a great idea for future attempts. An hour was all I was prepared to wait today, however.

Upping the rating to reflect this slightly better flavour profile I’ve found: 65 to 67.

Updated cup count (12 oz) from the 27g pitcher pack: 2 (Lots more to play with in the future!)

Flavors: Apple, Peach

Iced 8 min or more 12 OZ / 354 ML

Too sweet for my taste. Left a strong artificial sugar taste in my mouth. It is very peachy though so it could be good for some people.

Sipdown! 194/365!

This tea tastes just like fuzzy peaches, complete with the sweetness. It’s actually a bit too sweet, to be honest, although at least the sweetness doesn’t linger quite as badly as stevia. Although I quite like fuzzy peaches, I’m not sure I want to be drinking them, though in the right mood maybe it would be perfect! I have a bit more; might try it iced.

Peach iced tea is so refreshing, so I picked up two oz of this tea with that in mind. The first day, I tried a mug hot, and it was plenty good, but I could picture how much better it would be cold. It smells a lot like David’s other peach flavored teas, but I think I like this one more. Cold, it’s so peachy and sweet. I actually had to add in a little water because it was too strong at first. Anyway, I look forward to making a nice big pitcher or two of this to have cold one day soon.

By the smell of this tea, I really thought it would be a lot better than it actually is. I was dumb and added sugar before tasting, so I may have taken out the tartness by doing that… tartness is what I like and I found this one to be lacking. I found it smelled better than it tasted… to me I was getting a weird flavor… almost chemically. I may have also steeped too long. Next time I’ll try it straight and steep it for the recommended time.
I will update the score next time, as I scored it quite low today!

2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

So I’m not a huge fan of peach herbals because they mostly just rely on apple pieces for the entirety of the blend (I’m looking at you, Peach Bellini from Adagio…)

So I was pleasantly surprised that this actually has some leaves in it. According to the ingredients, it contains sweet blackberry leaves. There’s also a ton of apples, but hey, I guess I should have expected that. Looks like the smell comes straight from the “natural” and “artificial” flavoring, versus what’s actually in the tea, because this smells EXACTLY like peach gummy rings.

When brewing, the color comes out to a pale brownish/orangeish hue. Still smelling like peach candy. I can attest to the fact that the flavor matches the smell 100%. There’s a slight tartness as well, which adds more depth to the flavor, and I can detect some herbal notes from the blackberry leaves.

Overall, this is a pleasant tea but I would ONLY recommend if you like the way peach gummy rings taste. Because this is basically peach rings in tea form. You’ll be severely disappointed if you’re looking for a natural peach flavor…this is definitely an artificial one.

But hey, I’m not complaining. I love me some peach rings.

Flavors: Artificial, Candy, Peach, Tart

Hmm, another melange. I’m usually disappointed when I get a caffeine free tea in my Sips By box, but lately I’ve picked up the habit of making a cup at night.

The scent of this when it’s dry is exactly like peach Nehi. Or those cheap peach gummy rings you get at gas stations. And the taste isn’t different, really, aside from a tartness I had not expected. It’s just very candylike. Look, I’m from Georgia, I know what a peach is supposed to taste like.

That said, it’s not bad. If you don’t mind it tasting like a Jolly Rancher or something, it’s kind of tasty. I’ll enjoy finishing the sample.

Flavors: Apple, Artificial, Candy, Peach, Tart

Cameron B.

They’re doing David’s Tea in Sips By now? That seems… odd?

Tabby

Yeah, my friend got their S’mores Chai in his.