Cool Cactus

Green Tea
Green Tea, Lemongrass, Lily Petals, Natural And Artificial Flavouring, Pineapple, Rose Hips, Strawberry Leaves
Floral, Pineapple, Strawberry, Sweet, Lemongrass, Pear, Tropical, Cactus Flowers, Citrus, Fruity, Lemon, Melon, Goji, Mango, Red Fruits, Cantaloupe, Cucumber, Smooth, Citrusy, Lime, Earth, Musty, Tart
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Mastress Alita

• “Autumn Harvest! I got this sampler from Ost’s cupboard sale, so thank you Ost! This tea is apparently a pear/prickly pear flavored tea, which really interests me (I love prickly pear candies)! The...” Read full tasting note
  • “This is a pretty refreshing blend – probably more so iced, although I’m having it hot right now. To me it has a nice tropical taste to it, from the pineapple and prickly pear. This is the only tea...” Read full tasting note
  • “Loose leaf: Smells very fruity. I can see nice big chunks of dried fruit and lemongrass, which is why I decided to drink this at night. It does not have very much actual tea in it. Steeped 4...” Read full tasting note
  • “One of my favourite teas and I don’t have much left! If anyone has some that they’re willing to trade or sell please contact me! The pear and pineapple in this tea make it so refreshing and...” Read full tasting note

From DAVIDsTEA

If you’ve never tried a prickly pear, you may not associate the desert with refreshment. But once you get a taste of this luscious little cactus fruit, you just might change your tune. Traditionally used for candies, jellies and aguafresca, prickly pear is naturally sweet and totally refreshing. And in this exotic, fruity blend with green tea, lemongrass and pineapple, it makes for a deliciously fresh taste of the desert.

Ingredients: Pineapple, rose hips, green tea, strawberry leaf, lemongrass, lily flower, natural and artificial pear and prickly pear flavoring.

Price per 50g: $7.50

About DAVIDsTEA View company

The tea steeps a very dark yellow color, and smells berry sweet with some floral notes. The flavor isn’t very noticably pear, though. I’m getting more of a watered down pineapple, lacking its tanginess, a very soft and mellow strawberry, and a floral sweetness, but I’m not tasting pear at all. It actually is reminding me a bit of that pomegranate/dragonfruit white/green blend I had a few nights ago, just lacking the pomegranate berry flavor. But it has that same light, silky mouthfeel, gentle fruitiness, and floral overtones.

It’s fine, but a bit underwhelming. For something advertising prickly pear, I was really hoping for that particular note!

Flavors: Floral, Pineapple, Strawberry, Sweet

175 °F / 79 °C 3 min, 0 sec 3 g 12 OZ / 350 ML

This is a pretty refreshing blend – probably more so iced, although I’m having it hot right now. To me it has a nice tropical taste to it, from the pineapple and prickly pear. This is the only tea I’ve had with that kind of pear and its pretty unique. This will be missed when I finish it all.

Flavors: Lemongrass, Pear, Pineapple, Tropical

Steeped 4 minutes with 80 *C water. 1.5 tsp leaf in my teapot of 20 oz/590 mL size.
The sweetness of the dried fruit (strawberries, lemon, watermelon?, pineapple, opuntia/prickly pear/cactus fruit) Have I ever told you guys about my love for all thinks cactus? I have a collection of 55 succulents and cacti, including several cold hardy opuntia (prickly pear cacti) that live outside (in Canada) all year. I absolutely adore my cacti. I hope to start getting fruit on them one of these years.

Anyway, back to the tea. Lemongrass ties in nicely with the other ingredients, giving it a lemon/citrus taste (but in a less in-your-face kind of way). No sourness at all, which is so refreshing in a DT blend.

Flavors: Cactus Flowers, Citrus, Fruity, Lemon, Lemongrass, Melon, Pineapple, Strawberry, Sweet

The pear and pineapple in this tea make it so refreshing and delicious as an iced tea.

Flavors: Lemongrass, Pear, Pineapple

Wasn’t sure what to think of this-mainly because I have no idea what a cactus tastes like. But The Cookie Lady sent me a generous sample of this tea. Apparently it’s famous with DavidsTea fans, which I’m definitely not on the same page with when it comes to tea xD
But yeah, any, this tasted lightly fruity and like cucumbers. That’s the main thing that came to mind. And maybe a touch of cantaloupe. Wasn’t awful. Wasn’t my fav of course either. Glad I got to try it though, but definitely not worth the hype in my world! :P

Flavors: Cantaloupe, Cucumber, Fruity, Smooth

Kirkoneill1988

never had a tea yet that tasted like cantaloupe and/or cucumbers. :/

Frost (Mags)

I had a sample in the store and…that was enough for me. lol

I purchased this on a whim right before the Sunshine collection was removed from the DT website. I purchased three teas (Cool Cactus, Key Lime, and Sunny Citrus) and just recently transferred them from their clear baggies in fruit-shaped boxes to DT tins. I ordered this particular tea because of the name (let’s be real) and because it contained prickly pear flavoring, a fruit I really enjoy. The smell of the dry blend was a bit underwhelming, but my curiosity got the better of me this afternoon. I was craving something sweet and refreshing after cleaning out a corner of my grandmother’s living room. I steeped this per the instructions on the packaging (with twice the tea since I’d be drinking it iced). I was pleasantly surprised when I took my first sip. The blend is light, as I expected from a green tea blend, but very flavorful – a combination of sweet and slightly tart pineapple, bright citrus flavor thanks to the lemongrass, and a subtle hint of berry from the strawberry leaf and prickly pear flavoring. I enjoyed this and I’m glad I went out on a limb and snagged this 100-gram bag when it was on a 3 for $30 sale. I hope I enjoy the other two teas I picked up from the Sunshine collection as much as this one.

I got an iced cup to go from David’s and it was pretty good! It is a more mild tea, like some other reviewers have mentioned, but it is very refreshing. I will definitely try to pick up some more before it is gone from the shelves. It’s too bad that it won’t be around for summer, since it is so good iced.

1908 tasting notes

I’ve been on a bit of a Davids Tea spree lately and I’ve got a bunch of new teas from them that I need to log and add to my cupboard.

I’ve only tried prickly pear fruit a few times as it’s quite expensive and hard to find here, but it does make for a great mojito. It seems to be the dominant flavour in this blend along with pineapple. The tea is quite smooth, slightly sweet and pleasantly fruity though in a way that’s quite distinct from the myriad of other fruit-flavoured green teas that I’ve tried.

Mmm! I enjoy this! I bought this as a cold to go cup a week or two ago (I am getting behind in my reviews, so this one will be quite short!). It was quite tasty, although the flavor was very mild. I enjoyed it though, it was very refreshing. I love the lemongrass!

I did not stock up on this tea, but I wish I would have while it was here. This was my favorite from this collection by far. I should have bought more of this, instead of buying some Sunny Citrus. Maybe my local store still has some kicking around. I’ll have to check!

Flavors: Citrusy, Lemongrass, Pear, Pineapple

Le sigh. I’m disappointed to learn that this is a limited time tea. I quite like it! I find it nice in the afternoon, refreshing, a little sweet, fruity, and tart, but still tasting like tea rather than the “why don’t I just drink watered-down fruit juice instead” feeling I get from some fruity herbals.