Mocha Matcha

Grass, Mocha, Chocolate, Cocoa, Coffee, Green, Earth, Creamy, Seaweed, Smooth
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Perry Papadopoulos

2 Images

• “Had this one sprinkled over popcorn last weekend during a binge of The Flash; and it was fine but also didn’t necessarily compliment the buttery popcorn SUPER well nor was it a strong flavour since...” Read full tasting note
  • “I got about 20g to try from somebody, so I’d get what everyone thought was so great… But honestly it wasn’t the best matcha I’ve had. I tasted the mocha a little bit, but it was subdued. And maybe...” Read full tasting note
  • “I’m back home in Thornhill with none of my tea stuff but all my matchas. I did think to bring home a Mason jar for lattes and such so I used that and half a cup of eggnog and half a cup of milk to...” Read full tasting note
  • “I went to DavidsTea to try their flavored matchas-mocha, mint and vanilla. I figured it was about time as I love their other matchas – ceremonial, matsu, and grand cru. This tea did not...” Read full tasting note

From DAVIDsTEA

This all-natural blend of stone-ground matcha and pure coconut nectar is the easiest, most convenient way to make your favourite green tea drinks. It’s already sweetened, so all you need to do is decide what you want to make. You can blend it with milk and ice for an amazing smoothie, froth it with milk for a latte, or add a spoonful to your next milkshake for a real treat. Looks like you’ve got some seriously tasty experimenting to do.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Had this one sprinkled over popcorn last weekend during a binge of The Flash; and it was fine but also didn’t necessarily compliment the buttery popcorn SUPER well nor was it a strong flavour since I was a little light handed when I was adding it on as a topping…

I got about 20g to try from somebody, so I’d get what everyone thought was so great… But honestly it wasn’t the best matcha I’ve had. I tasted the mocha a little bit, but it was subdued. And maybe it’s because it’s older, but still… Wish it was better. I think Steeped Tea’s is better than this. Even if it isn’t sweetened.

Flavors: Grass, Mocha

TeaDrinker123

My own opinon. If you want to experience chocolate and matcha at the same time, the best way to do it is to drink matcha, plain, without sugar, and have a great chocolate great beside it. :))

I’m back home in Thornhill with none of my tea stuff but all my matchas. I did think to bring home a Mason jar for lattes and such so I used that and half a cup of eggnog and half a cup of milk to make a matcha milk. I get more eggnog than anything so next time itll be matcha and milk only.

While drinking this a weird thing happened. My mom asked me to do something and when I came back I noticed the matcha that settled to the bottom turned copper. I feel like that shouldn’t happen though maybe it’s okay because this is mocha and that’s just something added having that effect? Hopefully.

I went to DavidsTea to try their flavored matchas-mocha, mint and vanilla. I figured it was about time as I love their other matchas – ceremonial, matsu, and grand cru. This tea did not disappoint! I had it with my matcha whisk gadget thingy. You add a perfect matcha spoon into the container (comes in 2 pieces-the long thin cup and the whisk part) and add 2.5 oz of boiling water. Add the whisk part and press to operate. Makes a perfect matcha shot! It only cost $12! I don’t think it tastes like mocha though-more like chocolate. I then made a protein smoothie for breakfast with this mocha matcha as well. I made it with 8 oz milk, 1 scoop of protein powder-vanilla, 2 perfect matcha spoonfuls ( I’m going to try 3 tomorrow as it was a tad weak), 2-3 scoops vanilla frozen yogurt and half a banana (optional). You can add ice too if you want but my blender doesn’t mix it very well. This was DELICIOUS!! I must warn you though that this is an expensive tea for the amount you get-it’s a heavy tea. I got 100g and got slightly less than half a small bag. Usually, you can get a silver tin full of tea on most teas they have in stock at the store. But it was worth it to me. I went back the next day to get some more as they are discontinuing this tea. I’m so sad about that. WHY must they get rid of my favorites-especially the ones I recently discovered! sigh C’est la vie I guess. At least I’m stocked up for awhile and still have the mint and vanilla to try-which I was told by the Tea Guide are safe for the moment from being retired.

1/3 in a Matcha Single Serves package that I bought. This is definitely not the best matcha I’ve tasted! This is my second experience with a drink from DAVIDsTEA combining both tea and coffee flavours (the other was Jumpy Monkey, a tea blend including coffee beans) and I’ve concluded that never again shall the two flavours mix against my taste buds. This packet is just…gross.

I’ve been trying more matchas and I keep hoping I will like them, but I honestly don’t. It’s just my own personal tastes I think. I found this one to just be… not my thing I guess is the only way I can think to put it. I don’t know if it was the mocha flavouring or the grassyness or maybe the combo? But for me it just didn’t work.
I really liked the vanilla matcha, but haven’t found another one that I like. Maybe some day I’ll find one.

This is the first flavored matcha I’ve tried, I got it in a mix pack of matchas from Davids Tea. I was definitely the most skeptical of this flavor, but thought I’d jump right in. I made it in a more traditional way, in a bowl, warm, and whisked. The dry leaf smelled like earthy hot chocolate mix. This didn’t froth as well as the other matcha I made, but I think this might be because I overfilled the bowl a bit. This tea is okay, in this method. It tastes good, but a little odd; sort of like a fruity smoothy that was a bit heavy handed on the undertone of kale. This is warm, sweetened with coconut nectar, and flavored with a coffee/chocolate profile. It is sweet and chocolatey, but the green grass smell and undertone is still present. it’s an accurate mix of matcha and chocolate, but maybe not the way I’d pick to drink it all the time. I bet this would be better suited to a cold late with some almond milk for extra sweetness. Definitely still drinkable and a fun experiment.

Flavors: Chocolate, Cocoa, Coffee, Grass, Green

Used my Frequent Steeper points for this a while back as I didn’t want to spend the money on something that I was unsure I would enjoy. I don’t have the equipment, such as the special whisk or the bowl for matcha. I knew that it was popular to make matcha into lattes. So after a brief Google search I found this, http://www.justonecookbook.com/green-tea-latte/ .

I definitely enjoy this. I think I need a better strainer (or better quality matcha), and a better whisk as I feel this is more watered (milked?) down than it should be. I get the Mocha flavor but not much more than that. I do, however it may be the placebo effect, feel more energized than I previously did this morning.

A disappointment.

I purchased this with the Matcha Maker as “whoa $8 for 50g is a good deal” considering other flavored matchas go for around $20 for 30g.

First off, this matcha is heavy – 2x heavier than the RLT and 3leaf flavored matchas and you use more per cup, so you aren’t getting much of a deal once you have the actual product. The coloring isn’t that vibrant of green in the picture. Guessing since the first ingredient isn’t matcha should of been a warning sign.

Taste wise is pretty weak and doesn’t taste very matcha like. Sweetness is fine. There’s a hint of mocha. Tastes better with milk. I wouldn’t buy this again despite the price.

This would be an alright matcha to try if you are 100% new to matchas and don’t want to pay a bunch, but honestly it isn’t a good representation of matchas and flavored matchas.

175 °F / 79 °C 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
TheLastDodo

whoa. First ingredient isn’t matcha. How about no?

Sipdown! Didn’t really taste like mocha to me, but I did enjoy it mixed with an almond/coconut milk combination. And there was just enough sweetness that I didn’t need to add anything additional to it (but I wouldn’t call it overly sweet). I might pick up more of the matches at some point for smoothies, but I have to finish off the Red Leaf ones I still have first. Also, I’ll see how the vanilla is – in terms of flavouring, this one was pretty underwhelming.