Snow Day

Herbal Tea
Chocolate Bits, Cocoa Beans, Cocoa Husks, Peppermint, White Chocolate Bits
Peppermint, White Chocolate, Alcohol, Artificial, Bitter, Black Pepper, Chocolate, Grass, Mint, Sweet, Dark Chocolate, Candy, Menthol, Cocoa, Dirt, Powdered sugar, Dry Grass, Perfume, Spearmint, Milk, Smoke, Creamy
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by Perry Papadopoulos

From DAVIDsTEA

Baby, it’s cold outside

Got a blizzard on the way? Score! There’s no better excuse to cozy up inside with a great cup of tea. And this all natural chocolate-mint tisane is the perfect way to warm up on a chilly winter day. With peppermint, cacao nibs and dark chocolate drops, it’s sweet, creamy and oh-so comforting. The best part? Cute little snowflake-shaped sprinkles that add a touch of sweetness. Bring it on, winter!

Price per 50g: $7.98

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Minty, not chocolatey to me, herbal in a kinda medicinal way.

I don’t get a lot of chocolate from it, but it does make for a very nice peppermint :)

Boiling 8 min or more 1 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

Mediocre mint.

This Herbal tea is supposed to be mint and chocolate! It taste’s solely of mint. If you brew a strong enough cup, there are hints of white chocolate. But really this is a straight up mint tea, with no real other flavors.

Also, the white chocolate can make it a bit greasy, and give it a slightly odd mouth feel (particularly when iced).

I really like mint tea, so I find this tasty, just completely unremarkable.

Flavors: Peppermint

I’m not a huge fan of peppermint teas but I enjoy this one. I enjoy this one because there is a stronger bite to it at the end kind of like a peppermint candy, it doesn’t just taste awkwardly herbal. I don’t really taste the white chocolate but I’m curious if I tried this as a latte how it would taste.

Boiling 4 min, 45 sec 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

I tried this when I ordered the 24 Days of Tea Advent Calendar (from 2016). I was surprised at how much I liked it – it tasted like After Eight in liquid form to me. (I have been cutting down sugar, so that may be why this tasted so sweet to me.)

I had it with quite a bit of milk – I’d say about 1-2oz. This was definitely one of the few David’s Tea that I liked from the Advent Calendar. I even bought more during the sale.

Flavors: Peppermint, White Chocolate

1 tsp 9 OZ / 266 ML

This tea smells terrific as a dry mix. When you brew it, you smell mostly peppermint and the cocoa and white chocolate seems to be overpowered. Once I tasted it, I was disappointed in that there was so much mint that it was like toothpaste, but unlike toothpaste, there was a bitter aftertaste . I’m really starting to think that I don’t care much for flavoured teas, although I’ve always enjoyed authentic natural mint teas from time to time. This was is something I’d save for when I have a cold perhaps, as maybe it would improve with honey added. I’m sad I bought this now, as I think I’d prefer just plain spearmint leaves from the health food store, mixed with hot chocolate powder added after steeping. This one did not live up to its smell.

Flavors: Alcohol, Artificial, Bitter, Black Pepper, Peppermint

A nice mint chocolate tea. The tea itself contains mostly peppermint leaves, with a hint of milk chocolate. I found the peppermint made up most of the flavour, with the chocolate flavour as almost a top note. The chocolate tasted quite fake, like the cheap chocolates one would buy at the dollar store. This isn’t terrible by any stretch, but it’s not something I’d reach for. 15g lasted me a very long time.

Flavors: Chocolate, Peppermint

The secret of this tea for me is TONS of milk. I’m talking…double the amount of milk to the amount of brewed tea. I don’t really bother with a latte as I find for whatever reason this blend eliminates my foam anyway. Maybe I’m not foaming it enough to stand up to the oils of this tea?

Either way – this one is rather difficult to brew. When chocolate is included in a blend I think it needs to be closer to boiling in order to melt, but when mint is in a blend I know too hot and you really risk embittering the leaves. When I’ve done it too hot and for too long, there is an overwhelming ‘chemical’ taste like others have described. So I brew it for about 4 minutes at a little less than near boiling, then drown it in milk. ;)

If treated with kid gloves like that, and a little luck, it’ll taste like a weak minty hot chocolate – no weird chemical after taste. It just needs a lot of milk – is it worth it? Well, not really. I’ll be able to get through my stash but I’d not repurchase.

Flavors: Alcohol, Chocolate, Grass, Mint, Sweet

I don’t think I like peppermint tea’s. My mom loved snow day, but for me it was ok. Not my favorite tea and I wouldn’t buy it again. It smells very strongly of peppermint. Which I loved because I love the smell of peppermint. The taste was also strong peppermint, but it also tasted a little bitter and I got a hint of dark chocolate. Overall, if you like peppermint this tea is for you. If not, I would pick something else.

Flavors: Bitter, Dark Chocolate, Peppermint

Looks and smells nice in the tin. Smells even better steeped, just like an After Eight mint. The after-taste is really strange though? Bitter, slighty soapy (maybe just me?), and I saw someone mention dirt. Kind of agree lol. It’s not so bad that I can’t finish a cup but I’m not looking forward to the rest of the sample. It’s a shame because I love mint and you do get that and the chocolate at first, but as soon as it hits the back of my tongue I shudder a bit. I’ll have to try it with some milk and see if that helps with the after-taste. Used 1 perfect spoon for a large mug. The second steeping was a lot better so maybe half a PS next time?