Raspberry Cream Pie

Rooibos Tea
Blackberry, Green Rooibos, Hibiscus, Raspberry, Strawberry Leaves, Sugar, White Chocolate Chips
Butter, Cream, Raspberry, White Chocolate, Sweet, Creamy, Fruity, Chocolate, Sugar, Wood, Blackberry, Cake, Rooibos, Vanilla, Smooth, Sugarcane, Artificial, Green Wood, Tangy, Floral, Berry, Milk
Loose Leaf, Sachet
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Roswell Strange

From DAVIDsTEA

Cream of the crop.

It’s no secret raspberry cream pie is the star of every dessert party. This springtime treat has a habit of flaunting its flaky crust, creamy filling and fresh raspberry topping. And we fall for it every time. Beautiful on the outside and satisfyingly sweet on the inside, this decadent rooibos blend is no different. With white chocolate, raspberries, rose petals and pink sugar sparkles, there’s simply no resisting it. And with next to no calories, this is one indulgence you can feel good about.

Ingredients: Green rooibos, cane sugar, white chocolate chips (sugar, cocoa butter, milk powder, butter oil, soy lecithin, vanilla extract), pink sugar mix (sugar, carnauba wax, glycerine, beet juice, purple carrot, saffron, mica based pearlescent pigment (colour)), blackberries, raspberries, gomphrena petals, hibiscus, strawberry leaves, natural and artificial raspberry, blackberry and vanilla cream flavouring.

Contains milk and soy.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

You are walking down the street, and you look into the window of a pastry shop. Sitting there on the second shelf is a small raspberry tart, a thin and buttery crust with a light,
white chocolate filling, and crisp fresh raspberries on the top. The kind of tart you rarely would treat yourself too. That is the taste of this tea.

I have not always been a fan of raspberries, but I have always been a fan of sweet teas. From the first sip, I could taste the crumbly crust, the white chocolate and the fresh slightly tart raspberries. It mirrored a raspberry tart to perfection, despite being names raspberry cream pie. The tea is rather sweet at first but the raspberries tartness could be tasted after the initial sip.

Recently dessert teas from DAVIDsTEA have been just shocking me with the way that a water based beverage could make a dessert that does not taste watered down.

My critique would be that it was so much like a raspberry tart, that I had to finish my cup in two sittings. Luckily I had it brewed in a tea press and it was kept warm. It is a very rich tea, and similar to a very rich dessert you cannot have too much at once.

Flavors: Butter, Cream, Raspberry, White Chocolate

I got a sample of this in the advent calendar. I was really looking forward to this one, however I was really disappointed. I guess when I read raspberry I figured tartness… but this is far from it. It’s just sweet I found. And not a good sweet. I guess I get where the “cream pie” comes in…. but I miss the bold raspberries. I hate to say it…cause there’s only been one other one by Davids tea so far I haven’t liked (ginger turmeric tonic)… but I ended up dumping the rest of this out. Too sweet for me and too blah.

Flavors: Sweet

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

So like others have mentioned, this tea smells like some sort of berry cough syrup. But that’s not necessarily a BAD thing—I actually enjoyed the smell as a kid. There’s also a creamy note, probably from the white chocolate.

When steeping, it turns a light brownish color. There’s a noticeable oil slick on the top of the tea, probably from the chocolate melting, that looks a bit unappetizing. My first sip was underwhelming—it tasted GOOD, but lacked flavor. So I let it steep for another 5 minutes, and tried it again. I definitely can taste the “raspberry cream” part of this tea. It’s still pretty light and muted, though. Reminds me a bit of Strawberry Rhubarb Parfait, without the rhubarb of course.

If you like a strong, bold flavor in your tea, a satchet of this won’t be enough. If I had this in loose form, I would have doubled the amount of tea. Because after steeping for 10 minutes, it’s still pretty blah.

Not really excited to try this again unless I get another sample. Strawberry Rhubarb Parfait is a better choice, IMO.

Flavors: Cream, Raspberry

Boiling 8 min or more 8 OZ / 236 ML

David’s Tea tends to be pretty hit and miss for me, but this one was a hit! I can’t say it really tastes like raspberry, but it does have a nice creamy, fruity flavor that thankfully isn’t overpowered by the hibiscus. I especially like it with a splash of milk.

Flavors: Creamy, Fruity

Boiling 8 min or more 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

I drank this a few days ago and I remember it being a pleasant tea. The rooibos wasn’t overpowering and the hibiscus was pretty mild and it tasted sweet and berry-ish. I’m not going to jump for joy over it, but it was good.

Ick! Not a fan. It makes my mouth pucker like I just sucked on a lemon, which is weird since it doesn’t taste lemon-y. It is just too tart for me.

Doesn’t taste like raspberry, cream or pie. Tastes like sugar. 2nd ingredient. This tea is awful. As a diabetic I’m annoyed they didn’t point out there is so much sugar in this tea it looks to be half sugar by volume. Bought it because of the rave reviews on here.

Flavors: Sugar

Boiling 8 min or more 2 tsp 14 OZ / 400 ML

This tea was amazing! I am vegan, so I simply picked out the chocolate chips. Delicious.

Flavors: Creamy, Raspberry, Sugar

Day 15 of David’s Tea’s 24 Days of Tea 2017

This tea smells amazing, and I’d been looking forward to trying it. Today I decided to settle down in a bath with a bath bomb, a podcast, and a cup of this tea. Ah, bliss.

The actual flavour of this tea somewhat pales in comparison to it’s flavour (though I find that most teas smell much stronger than they taste after brewing, also I had eaten sweets earlier so that might’ve also been a contributor) but the flavour is strong enough still. As with other chocolatey teas I’ve tried the white chocolate chips in the tea left a little bit of oil floating on the surface of the tea, but this doesn’t really seem to be a bother.

If you enjoy Strawberry Rhubarb Parfait, you may also enjoy it’s less-tart cousin. I’ll probably be picking up some of this one next time I’m out.

6 min, 30 sec 1 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML