Moroccan Mint

Low
Kosher, Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by Sébastien Tremblay

From DAVIDsTEA

Having tummy troubles? Nothing a little tea can’t handle. In Morocco, guests are served green tea with mint leaves and sugar as a sign of hospitality. But did you know it’s also commonly enjoyed as a digestif? Inspired by delicious Moroccan tea, this minty and revitalizing blend is the perfect way to unwind after a meal. Gunpowder green tea provides a delicate caffeine boost. Plus it’s got sweet spearmint and cool peppermint – herbs known to soothe and help with digestion. Fresh and five kinds of comforting, it’s a little taste of Morocco you’ll want to share with everyone.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

In conjunction with the Mint Chip Sundae, I picked up a smaller bar of Moroccan Mint white chocolate that was on sale for $1. I love chocolate mint, and I grew up liking white chocolate (although now I’m a lot pickier with it), so surely this should be good, right?

Hmm, this fell flat. Quite a huge disappointment, really. The white chocolate itself is über waxy and doesn’t melt in the mouth like good white chocolate should. At least it’s not over-the-top sweet like those white chocolate Easter bunnies can be. The mint, on the other hand, is a lot weaker than I would have liked. I love when mint-infused chocolate is icy cool. This isn’t refreshing, and only ha a hint of mint. I’d say the spearmint is actually stronger than the peppermint here.

Would have preferred spending that $1 on a York Peppermint patty, and I’m sure that would have been more calorie-friendly too.

I think I’m done with trying their chocolate at this point. The only thing worth while has been their Salted Caramel chocolate, which was a dream. But seeing that the tea itself is also gone (also sad stuff), who knows if that would ever come back.

Evol Ving Ness

Thanks. I am not at all tempted.

This tea is good, but very basic. The peppermint, spearmint, and green tea blend is nice, but not something I would reach for more than occasionally. I honestly prefer my Peppermint Amour over this one, but there’s still absolutely nothing wrong with DAVIDsTEA’s take on a Moroccan Mint blend!

Flavors: Peppermint, Spearmint

I love moroccan mint! This one is good but comparable to cheaper ones I buy so probably won’t get more.

Interesting blend of peppermint AND spearmint. I’m not usually a mint fan at all, but lately I’ve been enjoying it in some teas. I had a cup of this tea to go and it wasn’t bad. But it seemed sort of plain mint to me. I enjoyed my cup, and it didn’t last long, but I definitely liked Cinnamint Mate better.

Flavors: Mint

Iced Soy Latte!

My ASM and I have started doing a thing where we’ll pick out a tea for one another without any advice/suggestions from the other – it’s a great way for him to try new teas because he’s only had a small selection of what we carry (maybe 25 teas) since he’s only been working there for a month or so, and it’s also a solid way for me to make sure I’m not following into the same rut of drinking the same things over and over.

So, this is what he chose for me! I was actually pretty excited about his choice honestly because this is my favourite tea from the Feel Good collection and I’ve been debating getting some for at home so trying it several ways is a good way to help me choose. Plus, milk/mint usually isn’t a bad combo. Honestly though? Wasn’t in love with this when I tried it. It was certainly really refreshing, and the spearmint came through brilliantly in a way that was both sweet and crisp. However, I would have expected it to taste creamier/more silky because it was a latte and it didn’t. Instead it still retained a bit of a herby taste overall. I think what it needed was something like white chocolate or vanilla to really pull it all together.

It was still a good choice overall though!

He liked his pick too; an iced Oh Canada with a bit of added soy milk to make it silkier!

Evol Ving Ness

I like this game you two are playing.