Passion Punch

White Tea
Apple, Blackberry Leaves, Hibiscus, Natural And Artificial Flavouring, Passionfruit, Rose Hips, White Tea
Passion Fruits, Bitter, Citrus, Tart, Cranberry, Fruity, Hibiscus, Raspberry, Red Fruits, Sour, Tangy, Citrusy, Rosehips
Loose Leaf, Sachet
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by Michelle

From DAVIDsTEA

With its sweet, tangy flavour and tropical aroma, passion fruit is the perfect summer treat… and the ultimate base for a fruity iced tea punch. Don’t believe us? This party-ready blend is living proof. Tart hibiscus mingles with white tea and passion fruit for a heat-busting refresher that’s deliciously light and cooling. Serve it in a punch bowl with lots of fruit, ice and some fizzy. It’s the best way to infuse a little passion into your next backyard bash.

Ingredients: Apple (apple, citric acid), white tea, rosehip shells, hibiscus, sweet blackberry leaves, passion fruit granules (glucose syrup, concentrated passion fruit juice, apricot pulp, modified starch, sodium alginate), natural and artificial passion fruit flavouring.

Price per 50g: $10.98

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Ok, both the scent of the dry leaf and the flavour of the steeped tea transports me back to my Pink Passionfruit obsession. Here were its ingredients:

Apple, apple pomace, rosehip, sweet blackberry leaves, hibiscus, passionfruit, artificial passionfruit flavouring.

To compare, here is Passion Punch’s:

Incredibly similar. I think that apricot pulp is making a slight difference in this one, but maybe only slightly. And I can’t taste the white tea base at all due to the strong (artificial) passion fruit flavours, plus apple, plus muted hibiscus. Never understood the point of adding actual tea leaves to a blend when you won’t even be able to taste it in the end. It’s kind of a waste. And then you’re paying up the wazoo for it because of its white tea base.

Had this iced, brought back great memories of Pink Passionfruit but also reminded me of how I got tired of that one after ripping through more than 200g of it. Even four years later, I’m like, “Yep, good, but I’ve had my fill.”

While at work one day, my mom called me from Davids Tea to inform me that there was a sale. Of course I already knew about the sale, but her phone call was just the encouragement I needed to restock my already-full tea cupboard. She picked up 50g of most of the sale teas and this was one of them.

I finally got around to trying this one today (iced) and I’ve got to say that I was slightly underwhelmed. All I can taste is sweet passion fruit which is disappointing for me because I had high hopes for this tea being more tart with the hibiscus and cranberry flavours listed. I’ll finish up what I have left of this tea but will not be rushing out to buy more before it’s discontinued.

Flavors: Passion Fruits

I tried this tea hot this morning. I am still not a fan of the taste. I didn’t like it iced either.

195 °F / 90 °C 5 min, 0 sec 10 g 16 OZ / 473 ML

Had this iced and it is fantastic. Tastes like a grapefruit! Yum

Had this iced, but don’t think it has much to offer regardless of steeping method (unless you like hibiscus/tart).

Fruity, red fruits like cranberry and raspberry
Nothing that tastes like fresh passion fruit to me
No sweetness anywhere to be found
VERY heavy on the hibiscus
Steeps a very pretty vibrant red/pinkish red

Flavors: Cranberry, Fruity, Hibiscus, Raspberry, Red Fruits, Sour, Tangy

Fjellrev

It’s so difficult to find a tea that actually tastes like passion fruit, it seems.

This smells great, and so similar to Pink Passionfruit. It’s interesting that it’s a white tea, though. Seems more green. Anyway, I’m trying this one iced, and again, it’s very similar to Pink Passionfruit, I find. It’s an interesting taste, I’d assume its the passionfruit. It’s got a bit of a bitter taste to it, even with some sugar added. But overall I like it. Not sure if I’ll get more than 50g, though.

Flavors: Bitter, Citrusy, Passion Fruits

This is entirely unique to anything DAVIDsTEA has offered in quite a long time, which isn’t something I can often say about their blends. I get lively passionfruit notes on top of a light white tea base that gives the tea a very nice body. The hibiscus is barely noticeable too! The first time I tried this I was a little underwhelmed, but after playing with steep times and techniques it’s become an easy favourite out of this new collection.

Flavors: Citrus, Passion Fruits, Rosehips

Cold Brew.

Very robustly fruity, but not over the top in sweetness. Of course this was largely passion fruit notes; the very trademark ‘DAVIDsTEA’ kind that are in all of DT’s passion fruit blends. Other than that, there was a hint of tartness from the hibiscus and some familiar, sweet apple undertones. Something also stood out as floral in a more delicate way, especially in the finish of the brew – possibly the white tea base, although it’s usually quite masked/hidden.

I’m glad I’m still loving this – it validates my decision to stock up on as much of it as I did.