Strawberry Lemonade

Herbal Tea
Apple, Beet Root, Blackberry Leaves, Candied Papaya, Hibiscus Blossoms, Lemongrass, Marigold, Natural Lemon Flavor, Natural Strawberry Flavor, Strawberry
Strawberry, Fruity, Lemon, Lemon Zest, Pleasantly Sour, Sweet, Citrus, Citrus Fruits, Smooth, Sour, Lemongrass, Citrusy
Decaffeinated
Edit tea info Last updated by Perry Papadopoulos

From DAVIDsTEA

How do you make lemonade even more delicious? Just add ripe, juicy strawberries. Then turn it all into the sweetest, most citrusy iced tea ever. That’s exactly what we did with this ultra-iceable infusion. It’s got all the bright tanginess of our favourite summer refresher, plus a fruity twist we can’t get enough of. Serve it on ice with fresh berries for a poolside treat kids will love. And when cocktail hour rolls around, gather the gang and brew a crowd-pleasing pitcher spiked with a little somethin’ extra – it’ll totally knock their sunhats off. Lemonade will never be the same again…

Ingredients: Apple (apple, citric acid), hibiscus blossoms, blackberry leaves, candied papaya (papaya, sugar), lemongrass, beetroot, strawberries, marigold blossoms, natural strawberry and lemon flavouring.

Price per 50g: $8.98

About DAVIDsTEA View company

It annoys me when the first entry I locate when searching for a tea is the wrong one (aka, there’s a dupe of this under “David’s Tea”. Sigh.) Anyways, I hot-brewed and chilled this in the fridge. It was ok, but I was sad that the dry leaf smelled yummier than it actually tasted. Dry leaf has some delicious, fresh, sour lemony aromas, with a bit of fruit, but the tea was too sour, with fruitiness that didn’t blend in. No obvious strawberry. It occurs to me as I read the ingredients that I probably oversteeped it, and the hibiscus is at least partially to blame. Perhaps I’ll remember this when I brew up the last of it. Perhaps not.

Mastress Alita

Those “David’s Tea” dups drive me nuts. I reported them once in the forums under the “duplicate/merge” thread and nothing was ever done, so I guess it just isn’t that important to anyone else. But it really irks my librarian self, since I merge duplicate records day in and day out as part of my job.

tea-sipper

Jason recently said the duplicate merger is broken at the moment, so he will get to them when it’s fixed. I can see how it would drive you nuts though!

Kittenna

Years ago, I compiled a massive list of dupes and sent it off. Unsure if it got dealt with, but probably did. But things have popped up again since then. Part of the problem is that the search on here is a little wonky, so searching for a tea doesn’t always bring up the result even if it’s a perfect match. (The other part of the problem is allowing newbies to add new teas, but I don’t think restricting that is a good solution.) I work for a software development company and now understand how crappy it can be to get a search engine to work properly, so I sympathize, but it drives me mad! Haha.

I got this as part of a sampler. I wouldn’t buy something like this on its own. It’s pretty sour. It’s basically entirely lemon with no perceptible amount of strawberry except the pink color of the liquid. I like lemon teas, but this one is too bitter and artificial. It was slightly better cold, but still not too enjoyable.

I tried 4 of DAVIDsTEA’s newer (newish) iced teas all in one week, and I wasn’t really impressed with any of them. I didn’t add any sugar, steeped the tea as instructed, and then poured it over a cup of ice. After a fair number of sips, I added lemonade “to taste” – half my cup ended up as lemonade.

Flavors: Strawberry

More lemon than strawberry, but this has such a nice scent and color to it. This is a good summer tea.

Can I just say how absolutely amazing this tea is? I taste more lemon than strawberry, but the strawberry has its moments. It’s not sour, but it’s not sweet. It’s a subtle, fruity, fresh, summer-y, amazing taste. It smells like what you think it would, strawberries and lemonade. The color is a beautiful red. I drank it as an iced tea, and I haven’t had it hot. I for sure recommend to anyone who wants to feel like they’re lounging on the beach.

Flavors: Fruity, Lemon, Lemon Zest, Pleasantly Sour, Strawberry, Sweet

When I was little, my family had a huge strawberry garden that we tended to every year (and that my mum turned into the most amazing jams and lovely desserts). Taking a sip of this tea, I was flooded with good memories of those summers, searching for berries through all of their low leaves. The berry in this tea has a slight herbal tang to it that keeps it from tasting like candy, even though it is sweet. It smells very natural and true. The lemon is like a burst of lemongrass sunshine. It tastes so summery, cheerful and lovely. I almost never enjoy berry teas and went in expecting to hate this (and thinking it would be sour), but I’m very charmed by this tea.

Iced Tea Sipdown (385)

This tea is alright. It is sweet and a touch tart. It is citrusy. However, it is neither lemonade nor strawberry. Sort of a middle of the pack tea.

__Morgana__

Have you tried the Teavana of the same name? How does it compare?

VariaTEA

I believe I did but that was a long time ago and unfortunately I don’t remember it. I’m sorry.

__Morgana__

I may have to try this as I quite liked the Teavana.

Used the last of this to do a cold brew over night. It has a smooth and yet sour taste which is fantastic. Not really picking up much strawberry other than the colour. It is still really good and I rather enjoy the flavour of the cold brew.

Flavors: Lemon, Smooth, Sour

Iced 8 min or more

I find that this tea lives up to its name-as good as it can made with tea ingredients. Of course it isn’t as great as sugary loaded strawberry lemonade, but it is better for you. I imagine it would be delicious in a pitcher with cut up fresh strawberries and slices of lemon added to it.

*Update: AMAZING!! With some strawberry kiwi sugar as sweetener and a mix of frozen strawberries and ice to cool it off. I also ate the berries as a mini snack after I finished drinking my iced tea. I made it again the same way but decided to add some lemonade in there to top it off and it is now the BEST DRINK EVER!

Good! Very lemongrassy, light, refreshing, relaxing.

Flavors: Lemongrass, Strawberry