Orange Glow

Fruit Herbal Blend
Beet Root, Carrot, Ginger, Hibiscus, Marigold Flowers, Natural Orange Flavor, Orange Peel, Pumpkin Pieces, Safflower Petals
Carrot, Orange, Ginger, Orange Zest, Sweet, Pumpkin, Smooth
Caffeine Free
Kosher
Edit tea info Last updated by Perry Papadopoulos

From DAVIDsTEA

Liquid Sunshine

Amazing things happen when you drink this sun-soaked tea. Your skin becomes luminous. People start noticing the spark in your eyes. You might even get strangers asking for your autograph. And it’s all thanks to the classic beautifying combo of carrots, orange and ginger. Sip it hot for a sweet warming tonic. Or try it chilled for a fresh and revitalizing thirst-quencher. You’ll strut down that street looking so radiant, it’ll have people asking what your secret is. Time to get your glow on!

Carrot, candied ginger (ginger, cane sugar), beetroot, pumpk in, hibiscus, orange peel, marigold blossoms, safflower petals, natural orange flavouring.

Price per 50g: $8.98

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Grabbed this one as my free tea just because it smelled good. Packaged it up for work, and ended up using it as a travel tea. I think I might be getting better at discerning by smell what I’ll like and not like, because I’m really enjoying this one. At its best, it tastes like a orange creamsicle to me. The orange is definitely the strongest flavor, but I’m loving the creamy undertones to this one.

I’m having this one hot tonight… I think I like it better iced. I’m tasting orange and carrot. Not a big fan of the carrot though. This is just okay.

Flavors: Carrot, Orange

Another sample…

Yikes. So, this reminds me of those fruit and vegetable juices. Y’know, the kind that are bottled by Naked or Bolthouse Farms. I feel like Tropicana had a line too. Anyway, if carrot juice is your jam and you like some citrus thrown into the mix, this is the tea for you. I took one sip against my better judgment and burped carrots for about an hour afterward. Fun times. I didn’t notice any pumpkin flavor; it was all carrot and orange for me with a very slight hint of ginger. That said, I did just have one small sip. Sadly, that was all I could manage. Sort of like a carrot cake minus the cake…so, basically, a carrot-orange-ginger juice.

Flavors: Carrot, Ginger, Orange

Made it as a iced tea and it was pretty good (especially considering I don’t like many iced teas) Got it as a sample in an online order, but I probably wouldn’t buy more of it since it wasn’t extremely amazing to me. But overall not too bad.

Flavors: Orange, Orange Zest, Sweet

First of all, this tea smells amazing! Fresh oranges with a hint of carrot and ginger. The taste is crisp and light, oranges with no after taste. Although this tea is pleasant, I will admit I was hoping for a stronger flavor profile.

Another daunting day of interviews that started earlier than any human should be actually thinking after a long vacation. Thankfully today was not planned to be as busy as yesterdays adventures were. It did start with an early interview at 8 am.

I got this tea as a sample with a recent online order (I wish they gave these out in store when we bought items in person), and since I was looking to try something new this morning I opted to put it into a teabag for my travel mug.

Dried it has a very sweet orange aroma. It brews a deep red colour with a ginger and pumpkin scent. I absolutely loved the taste of this since it reminds me of my favourite season and eating cooked pumpkin at dinner (yes I eat it like squash and put it in pies and cakes and cookies… I digress into thoughts of fall).

Sad part about all of this, I need to make this part of my shopping list because I need more than just a sample cup, I need many days of this tea in my life.

Flavors: Carrot, Pumpkin, Smooth, Sweet

195 °F / 90 °C 6 min, 0 sec 5 g 16 OZ / 473 ML

I started my week by booking all my remaining vacation days on Monday. Then I decided to end the black and white photography challenge (thanks Sil for challenging me) by starting a 365 days of tea challenge (again) on Tuesday. So of course today I would wake up sick with the weird pressure in my head, the sore throat, and the runny nose. That means I can’t actually really taste my teas so I’m drinking those I have in large quantities or don’t nuch care for. This is a bit of both and as an added bonus it’s got orange and ginger and other ingredients recommended for colds and sore throats. Unfortunately it seems some of my taste receptors are working while others aren’t so I am picking up a lot of sweet and nothing to balance it out. I’m drinking it because it’s warm and soothing but taste wise, I am not pleased right now.

Evol Ving Ness

Hope that you have dispatched this cold and are on the mend. And yay for accepting this challenge! Go you!

Last of the new Harvest teas, since tea #5 in the collection is a core tea.

Personally, this is the tea I was least excited about of the new ones. It kind of sounded boring to me? Plus, I don’t love ginger so that didn’t do anything to make me more hyped about it. However, it is the only tea of the new ones that DOESN’T have apple in it, so I wanted to really like it because then I could share it with my boyfriend – who is very allergic to apples…

Something about the dry leaf of this one is REALLY unappealing to me. I can’t put my finger on what it is, other than I know it smells strongly of carrots. That’s not it though; while the carrot aroma doesn’t make me all that into it, it’s also NOT the thing turning me off. Side note; this tea DOES have more carrot than I think I’ve ever seen in a DT blend, including the carrot flavoured ones like Carrot Cupcake…

We did this one as a staff tasting, and we tried it iced. I will say, for a tea with dry leaf that smelled so unappealing to me the steeped up tea was actually surprisingly good. However, for me that’s only by comparison to the smell. Just based on taste alone, I still don’t like it much.

I was shocked that the flavour was so light though! It’s also sweeter than I thought it would be. Now, that’s not to say that it’s a sweet tea – because it’s not. Just, sweeter than expected. The orange note is very similar to the orange flavour in Orange Passionfruit, bit less tart. It’s the best part, imo. The ginger? Not a fan of it at all, and I think it tastes weird with the orange. I’m guessing that tiny bit of sweetness I get is from the ginger though because it IS candied ginger in this one – so I guess I have to thank that ingredient for contributing some sweetness even if I don’t like the rest of what it’s doing. The finish? Pretty carroty, with an earthiness to it. I think the pumpkin gets lost with the carrot…

A few people have told me this is just so much better hot, but honestly I just don’t feel compelled to try it again at all. Maybe I will – for science sake? Morbid curiosity? Sadism?

I do appreciate that this is meant to taste like some sort of tonic, or one of those fancy schmancy cold pressed and healthy ‘juices’ though because, you know what, as much as I don’t like it I think it kind of hits that nail right on the head. That means there’s DEFINITELY going to be an audience that appreciate this one a lot.

I’m just not that audience.

Also – for the record, I did make a cup of this for the boyfriend just to see if he liked it. He has so few herbal tea options that he can actually drink because of his allergies. He didn’t like it either though – which is a shame…

This was yummy iced. It reminded me of a healthy orange crush soda kind of without the fizz. Very refreshing.

The semi-annual sale sure sucked me in, but no regrets since I’m now quite stocked on fruity tisanes for a while. The new Harvest Collection also seemed intriguing so I picked up a little of most of the new ones.

This one smells extremely orangey, like pulpy orange juice. It’s like a cousin to the Orange Passionfruit. Flavour-wise, it’s also very similar, focusing on the bitter orange rind more than anything else. Instead of that tart passionfruit flavouring in the background, I’m greeted with a touch of ginger. It’s extremely light; I would have expected more. I was also concerned that the beetroot might have given this too much of an earthy undertone but I’m not getting any, thankfully. If you allow the orange rind to fade away on your palate after the sip, there’s an ultra faint squashy and carrot undertone, but it’s barely noticeable.

Not bad, makes a refreshing iced tea, but I prefer the Orange Passionfruit for that orange juice hit.