Sunny C

Herbal Tea
Apple, Carrot, Hibiscus Blossoms, Lemon Peel, Natural Flavours, Orange Peel, Orange Pieces, Pineapple, Pink Peppercorn, Safflower, Vitamin C
Orange, Artificial, Fruity, Sweet
Bulk, Loose Leaf
Caffeine Free
Vegan
Edit tea info Last updated by Roswell Strange

• “This has a tasty fresh orange flavor. My bag only made about three cups of tea, but I enjoyed them! I was able to get a pretty tasty second steep cold brewed as well. There are definitely herbal...” Read full tasting note
  • “Hmm. Unofficial note to say that I once tried this, and for some reason found the empty bag amongst some other things. It smells delightfully of orange Tang, but I have no clue what it tasted like....” Read full tasting note
  • “This rating is influenced by personal taste. It’s a really great, orange-y, juicy tea but I’m not the biggest fan of that flavor. Likely very good iced, so it has potential, but I would also...” Read full tasting note
  • “Grabbed this while in search of a caffeine free option. I made it through the cup, but it really just tasted like watered down Hi-C. Would not repeat.” Read full tasting note

From DAVIDsTEA

Need a little immune booster? This vibrant tea is bursting with freshly squeezed orange, sight saving carrot and a sunny dose of Vitamin C. With hints of hydrating hibiscus and tart lemon, it’s a citrusy tonic that’ll leave you feeling bright-eyed and bushy-tailed after one sip. Did we mention it’s amazing hot and iced? Go ahead and C for yourself.

Apple (apple, citric acid), carrots, pineapple (pineapple, s ugar), orange peel and pieces, hibiscus blossoms, lemon peel, pink peppercorns, safflower blossoms, ascorbic acid (vitamin C), natural orange and carrot flavouring.

$8.98 per 50g

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This has a tasty fresh orange flavor. My bag only made about three cups of tea, but I enjoyed them! I was able to get a pretty tasty second steep cold brewed as well. There are definitely herbal orange teas that I prefer, but this was pleasant enough to drink. Maybe the difference is that this one is made up largely of orange wedges, so the peel makes it a bit bitter, whereas other orange teas are made up of little sugary cubes. I like both, but especially the cubes!

Hmm. Unofficial note to say that I once tried this, and for some reason found the empty bag amongst some other things. It smells delightfully of orange Tang, but I have no clue what it tasted like. Ah well.

This rating is influenced by personal taste. It’s a really great, orange-y, juicy tea but I’m not the biggest fan of that flavor. Likely very good iced, so it has potential, but I would also probably prefer other flavors more for that as well.

Flavors: Orange

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML

The third of the very so-so in-store samples I tried today. Citrusy and nothing special.

I tried a bit of my friend’s iced tea to-go. As someone who loves citrus blends, the smell of the dry blend was just soooooooo mouth-watering to resist a taste. It’s definitely not a tea I’d buy for myself. The carrot flavor is too present – carrot pieces AND carrot flavoring?! Blasted carrots. I used to juice fairly regularly. Carrots, oranges, and a bit of ginger was my go-to when I started to feel a bit run down or sick. This tea reminds me a lot of that. There’s no ginger in this blend, but the pink peppercorn gives a slight hint of heat at the tail end of the sip for me.

Tried this hot. It was….unpleasant. Like watery orange juice or those gross vitamin c packets people take while traveling, what are they called? I’ll refrain from rating until I try it iced but it is not a tea to be drunk hot. Not at all.

I picked up a sample of this one to try a few weeks ago. I tried it iced, not expecting much since I don’t tend to like orange or citrus teas (I really disliked Sunny Citrus) but liked it more than I thought I would. It tastes like very sweet artificial orange to me. There’s some other vague fruity flavour that I can’t quite make out in there too. It’s not very tart or sour. All in all, this one was okay but I won’t need to buy any more.

Flavors: Artificial, Fruity, Orange, Sweet

Iced 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

Stopped in for an in-store sample. It was ok.
Mostly, I got a firm impression of watered down Tang.

This smells so good in dry leaf-very fruity and citrus-y. Tastes fruity and citrus-y too but I find that there is too much lemon in this blend and not enough orange flavor. Still drinkable though. I finished my mini tin of this flavor but it isn’t a favorite so I won’t be restocking.