Sunny C

Herbal Tea
Apple, Carrot, Hibiscus Blossoms, Lemon Peel, Natural Flavours, Orange Peel, Orange Pieces, Pineapple, Pink Peppercorn, Safflower, Vitamin C
Fruit Punch, Fruity, Hibiscus, Orange, Orange Zest, Pineapple, Tart, Tropical Fruit, Artificial, Sweet
Bulk, Loose Leaf
Caffeine Free
Vegan
Edit tea info Last updated by Roswell Strange

• “1/23/22 Brew this one strong and long! I enjoyed it both hot and cold, but cold was a little weak. Both of my parents liked this as well. Super bright and fresh tasting. Will buy this again in the...” Read full tasting note
  • “I tend to go heavy on the tea I use for a brew in general, but especially these fruit/hibiscus blends. I think it pays off for Sunny C, as I got a lovely cup of orange and hibiscus that didn’t...” Read full tasting note
  • “When I first smelled this tea, I was so leery of it because the smell is so incredibly strong (although not unpleasant at all). But after tasting it, its a subtle taste and so good. Hot – Yes Cold...” Read full tasting note
  • “When I tried this tea hot, I didn’t really get a hint of any flavor. So I took another cup, added a few ice cubes and poured the hot tea over ice. After letting the tea mellow out for a bit, I came...” Read full tasting note

From DAVIDsTEA

Need a little immune booster? This vibrant tea is bursting with freshly squeezed orange, sight saving carrot and a sunny dose of Vitamin C. With hints of hydrating hibiscus and tart lemon, it’s a citrusy tonic that’ll leave you feeling bright-eyed and bushy-tailed after one sip. Did we mention it’s amazing hot and iced? Go ahead and C for yourself.

Apple (apple, citric acid), carrots, pineapple (pineapple, s ugar), orange peel and pieces, hibiscus blossoms, lemon peel, pink peppercorns, safflower blossoms, ascorbic acid (vitamin C), natural orange and carrot flavouring.

$8.98 per 50g

About DAVIDsTEA View company

1/23/22
Brew this one strong and long! I enjoyed it both hot and cold, but cold was a little weak. Both of my parents liked this as well. Super bright and fresh tasting. Will buy this again in the future.
10 min/212. recommend steeping for half an hour for iced tea.

Flavors: Fruit Punch, Fruity, Hibiscus, Orange, Orange Zest, Pineapple, Tart, Tropical Fruit

Boiling 8 min or more 12 tsp 32 OZ / 946 ML

I tend to go heavy on the tea I use for a brew in general, but especially these fruit/hibiscus blends. I think it pays off for Sunny C, as I got a lovely cup of orange and hibiscus that didn’t taste watery at all. The dominant flavors I noticed are hibiscus/orange peel, lending a bitterness to the tea, but it works while it’s hot. This is one I want to play with some more in the future!

DAVIDsTEA caffeine free advent, day 8

Flavors: Orange Zest

Hot – Yes
Cold – ?

BBST

When I tried this tea hot, I didn’t really get a hint of any flavor. So I took another cup, added a few ice cubes and poured the hot tea over ice. After letting the tea mellow out for a bit, I came back to a refreshing glass that brought back nostalgic memories of orange lollipops from my childhood. Sunny C was very sweet and very citrusy, but not in a sour way.

This has a tasty fresh orange flavor. My bag only made about three cups of tea, but I enjoyed them! I was able to get a pretty tasty second steep cold brewed as well. There are definitely herbal orange teas that I prefer, but this was pleasant enough to drink. Maybe the difference is that this one is made up largely of orange wedges, so the peel makes it a bit bitter, whereas other orange teas are made up of little sugary cubes. I like both, but especially the cubes!

2021 Sipdown 24/365!
(DavidsTea 64)

It looks like I bought a sample of this once, and drank it during the Great Unlogged Period(s) – but found the bag and thought it smelled good. Haha. Well, thanks to the sub box, I got the perfect amount to ice in a pitcher! So I did. And truly, the orange smell is quite delightful. Bright, fresh orange, no pithy bitterness at all. The flavour is equally bright and citrussy, kind of like fresh orange juice. It’s pretty good, although an orange tea is not my first choice for iced tea. However, I’d pick up more if I ever encountered it on sale, because it’s a nice change.

This rating is influenced by personal taste. It’s a really great, orange-y, juicy tea but I’m not the biggest fan of that flavor. Likely very good iced, so it has potential, but I would also probably prefer other flavors more for that as well.

Flavors: Orange

Grabbed this while in search of a caffeine free option. I made it through the cup, but it really just tasted like watered down Hi-C. Would not repeat.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML

The third of the very so-so in-store samples I tried today. Citrusy and nothing special.

I tried a bit of my friend’s iced tea to-go. As someone who loves citrus blends, the smell of the dry blend was just soooooooo mouth-watering to resist a taste. It’s definitely not a tea I’d buy for myself. The carrot flavor is too present – carrot pieces AND carrot flavoring?! Blasted carrots. I used to juice fairly regularly. Carrots, oranges, and a bit of ginger was my go-to when I started to feel a bit run down or sick. This tea reminds me a lot of that. There’s no ginger in this blend, but the pink peppercorn gives a slight hint of heat at the tail end of the sip for me.