Lemon Smash

Caffeine Free
Vegan
Edit tea info Last updated by Perry Papadopoulos

From DAVIDsTEA

It may be all luscious lemon up front, but this fabulously zesty fruit infusion has a secret – a surprising splash of sage. Fresh, citrusy and delightfully aromatic, it’s a cool and refreshing iced tea you’ll want to serve at every cocktail party. Our favourite part? It’s hangover-free. Doesn’t sophistication taste smashing?

Apple (apple, citric acid), sage leaves, blackberry leaves, lemon granules (lemon pieces, lemon juice), natural lemon flavouring.

Price per 50g: $8.98

About DAVIDsTEA View company

The lemon flavor in this tea is so delicious. They’ve managed to create a blend that has fairly natural lemon flavor. The sage is a bit too strong for me. It makes the tail end of every sip quite savory, which is an odd flavor when someone’s sweetened the tea. I bought about an ounce to sample, but I don’t know that I’ll finish it. Shame. The lemon flavor is really quite nice.

Flavors: Lemon, Sage

Please keep things friendly and .

I agree so much with everything in Roswell Strange’s review :). I think that Lemon Smash has a nice smell and taste. It reminds me a lot of lemonheads candies, and tastes like a good lemonade. I expected this to have a huge sage flavor, because it visibly has a lot of sage in it, but I can’t taste the sage at all. It is a sweet, sunny lemon with a hint of sour lemon aftertaste. I just already own so many lemony blends from DavidsTea, and this one doesn’t stand out enough to be a bigger purchase for me.

Please keep things friendly and .

The dry leaf smells nice and lemony. but it doesn’t taste very good to me. I think it must be the sage ruining this blend for me. Tried it iced.

Please keep things friendly and .

New cocktail teas! Trying this one iced…

I get really excited by the cocktail collection every year; I love tea mixology and these teas are usually really fun and give me great inspiration for my own tea cocktails. Plus, the colour scheme this year is also really cute. I’m trying to limit what I buy right now, so apart from tea I’m only picking up one of the new Nordics and the popsicle molds – but it was very hard not to get more…

I was actually pretty excited about this tea; it’s not a secret that I get very bored with the surplus of lemon teas that DAVIDsTEA seems to do every year but this one seemed like it could be an exception because of the sage in it. I mean, it has a lot of sage in it; so if that flavour came through I figured it would actually be a refreshingly unique addition to our line up.

Unfortunately, I didn’t find that it was distinct at all and so mostly, to me, this one just tasted like a very strong and bright lemon flavour – not much unlike Lemon Cayenne Cleanse or Sunny C. I mean, it really doesn’t taste bad at all; but when we’ve had SO MANY lemon teas this year alone (not even factoring in the ones we had before_ I think this one will be forgettable in the grand scheme of things. I’ll try it hot at least once though; maybe I’ll get more sage flavour if I steep it that way.

Tania

I picked up the Crabby nordic mug and On The Rocks mug. Could not resist, lol.