Magnolia Oolong

Bulk, Loose Leaf
Medium
Kosher, Vegan
Edit tea info Last updated by Roswell Strange

• “I’m always so thrilled when DT comes out with another oolong (they have far too few IMO). This tea does not disappoint. It’s smooth and slightly sweet, with lovely floral notes. The magnolia really...” Read full tasting note
  • “Another tea that came out this year for Lunar New Year (AKA Chinese New Year)!! Can I just firstly say that I’m really happy that DT has started further exploring straight and scented tea option...” Read full tasting note

From DAVIDsTEA

In need of a little aromatherapy? Sip on this alluring floral oolong from China’s Anxi region. Scented with fragrant magnolia and jasmine blossoms, it has a lively and uplifting aroma that melts away tension as it melts your heart. Just sit back, relax and let this buttery tea’s sumptuous floral finish work its magic.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I’m always so thrilled when DT comes out with another oolong (they have far too few IMO). This tea does not disappoint. It’s smooth and slightly sweet, with lovely floral notes. The magnolia really shines and the jasmine is present without being too overpowering or perfume-y. Hopefully this one sticks around.

Flavors: Floral, Jasmine, Smooth

Another tea that came out this year for Lunar New Year (AKA Chinese New Year)!!

Can I just firstly say that I’m really happy that DT has started further exploring straight and scented tea option for oolongs!? I have a dream though; and that dream is that we begin carrying a really good Rose Scented Oolong. Common DT!! Let’s get on that!!

I do like Magnolia Oolongs a lot though, so this was exciting for me! It was the first tea I tried from this collection of three traditional teas (prior to the launch, back when I started at the tea lab – hooray job perks!) and it’s actually the only one of the three that I’ve brewed up on multiple occasions. I’m calling it – I think 2019 is gonna be the year of the oolongs for DT! Or, at least, I really want it to be…

This is nice; it’s sweet and smooth and although I wish it was scented solely with magnolia instead of a combination of magnolia & jasmine I do think the magnolia notes are super present and distinct. It’s like drinking the amazing scent of fresh flowers growing in the spring. It also makes me think of helping my Grandma in the summer with her flower garden, and that tickles all my nostalgia buttons in a weird, wonderful way.

I might not pick up a lot of this one for myself just because I have a lot of DT’s Jasmine Oolong already that I need to finish off and I’m trying really hard not to overload my tea cupboard TOO MUCH – but I definitely want at least enough of this for a Gongfu session or two because I imagine that would be lovely.

Kittenna

Oh hey, I missed this one. And Jasmine Oolong. I’ll have to look for these when I’m at the mall next!