Pitaya Power

Bulk, Loose Leaf
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by Roswell Strange
160 °F / 71 °C 8 min or more

• “I love this tea……when it behaves! It tastes “light” but has amazing flavor, the pineapple flavor rolls into the dragon fruit perfectly, and all the other notes balance it out...” Read full tasting note
  • “This blend is interesting – the flavour is light and a bit honey-sweet, and strangely evokes memories of rosewater for me, though I doubt anything like that is included in it. Whenever I’ve had...” Read full tasting note
  • “The last of the new teas! I’m happy we did something with pitaya/dragon fruit, since I miss having Magic Dragon on the wall! I’m a bit on the fence about this one; I actually love the taste of it…...” Read full tasting note

From DAVIDsTEA

Kickstart your morning beauty ritual with this glow-making white tea blend. Inspired by nourishing smoothie bowls, it’s overflowing with vibrant pitaya (aka dragonfruit), kiwi, mango and the goodness of hemp seeds. The result? A fruity, tart and delicately creamy iced tea that’ll have you looking and feeling absolutely fabulous all day long.

How it tastes

Fruity, tart and creamy, with a subtle floral hint from the white tea

What makes it great

This beauty of a blend is made with Bai Mu Dan white tea, pitaya and hemp – three ingredients known for their skin-loving benefits.

The perfect caffeinated iced tea to jumpstart your morning.

Steeps a lovely deep pink colour.

50 g of this tea makes around 10-12 16 oz cups of hot tea and 5-7 16 oz cups of iced tea.

Apple, pineapple (pineapple, sugar), mango (mango, sugar), hibiscus, white tea, dragonfruit, hemp seeds, kiwi, strawberries, natural peach and dragonfruit flavouring.

MAY CONTAIN GLUTEN

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I love this tea……when it behaves! It tastes “light” but has amazing flavor, the pineapple flavor rolls into the dragon fruit perfectly, and all the other notes balance it out perfectly………Sometimes. As someone here said it makes a very inconsistent tasting cup of tea, I found that if you shake your tea up and scoop from the bottom this remedies the problem 90% of the time.

Edit: I just had another cup and it tasted oh so weak and lacking at first, even after giving 10 min or so. I forgot about it for 3 hours and when I came back it was now delicious. I say let this one steep as long as possible, might be a good candidate for cold steeping.

160 °F / 71 °C 8 min or more

This blend is interesting – the flavour is light and a bit honey-sweet, and strangely evokes memories of rosewater for me, though I doubt anything like that is included in it. Whenever I’ve had dragonfruit, it’s been pretty tasteless, so I have no idea if the flavour is true to the fruit, but it’s not bad. I’m drinking it cooled and am fairly sure it is best this way; probably pretty good as an iced tea.

I’m a bit on the fence about this one; I actually love the taste of it… about half the time.

My biggest issue is just that I’ve struggled with being able to produce a consistent cup of it. Sometimes it comes out very rich and sweet, with a deep pink/magenta coloured liquor and juicy notes of dragonfruit, peach, red fruit, and kiwi (sort of like a weird but yummy blend of Passion Punch, Magic Dragon, and White Peach) and other times it’s a very soft pink coloured liquor with more mellow tropical fruit notes and a little bit more white tea. It’s so good when I get it right, but ultimately I really crave consistency from my tea blends and if I can’t get this to come out the same every time then I don’t know if I want to allow myself to fall for it…

Then there’s the hemp seeds; which are both a pro and a con. It’s a cool ingredient; and the first time we’ve ever worked with it in a blend! For a “superfood” themed collection it makes a lot of sense, as well. On the flip seed, they don’t really contribute anything to the taste and, while the seeds themselves ARE gluten free, they’re processed in a way where we can’t guarantee no cross contamination – so this is the first time we’ve ever carried a tea with a gluten warning on it. I know that, for a lot of people, that’s a big deal. I feel a little weird about it, personally…

So that’s where I personally land on this one.