Frosted Cereal

Bulk, Loose Leaf
Vegan
Edit tea info Last updated by Roswell Strange

From DAVIDsTEA

Looking to shake up your breakfast routine? Inspired by the dreamy milk at the bottom of your cereal bowl, this caffeine-free blend of gluten-free cornflakes, quinoa and vegan marshmallows is sweeter than a Saturday morning. Our fave way to drink it? On ice with a splash of milk for extra creaminess. It’s a deliciously fun and frosty treat to wake up to.

Sweet, creamy and totally addictive – just like the crave-worthy milk at the bottom of your cereal bowl

What makes it great

Makes a killer breakfast iced latte!

Includes fun and delicious ingredients everyone can enjoy like gluten-free cornflakes and vegan marshmallows.

It’s caffeine-free, so even the kids can hop on the cereal latte train.

50 g of this tea makes around 10-12 16 oz cups of hot tea and 5-7 16 oz cups of iced tea.

Apple, carrots, bean peels, gluten free oats, marshmallows (tapioca syrup, cane sugar, tapioca starch, carrageenan, soy protein, natural flavouring), coconut chips (coconut, sugar), gluten free cornflakes (corn, raw cane sugar, rice syrup, salt), raisins, goji berries, quinoa, vanilla pieces, stevia extract, natural vanilla and cream flavouring.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This tea is weird. I was initially most looking forward to it, but after reading reviews, seeing it, and smelling it, I’m actually pretty apprehensive. The brewed aroma is actually not particularly pleasant… I can’t place it, but it’s weird. The aftertaste reminds me of another DT that (again), I can’t place (Mango Madness is coming to mind? Or Midsummer Night’s Dream?), but I’m having trouble getting over the smell. Smell is a key part of the tea experience, for me, so it makes it difficult to enjoy a tea if it smells funky, even if that doesn’t translate to the flavour.

Ok, I added milk (same as the other teas, 4:1 tea:2% cow’s milk), and I suddenly realized that drinking this warm is a bad idea. I actually gagged slightly, to be honest, so this is going into the fridge to chill and I’ll try it again tomorrow.

ETA: Chilled, it’s no better. I suppose it does have a sort of watered-down cereal ish taste… but something about it turns me off, I don’t know.

AJRimmer

This one is intriguing to me. I hope it’s better tomorrow!

Kittenna

Nope, not better. This isn’t like any cereal milk I’ve tasted!

A new tea – from the iced latte collection!

Now, this is the epitome of nostalgia – and I think something I actually haven’t seen done in tea form before!? Which is interesting, but it’s actually really rare now that a tea comes out that I haven’t seen some variation of from another company. I will say that this is actually my least favourite of the collection, but I am fascinated with the concept of it and think it’s a brilliantly novel idea that really delivers on the concept.

This is really best enjoyed as an iced latte; I’ve had it just plain iced and hot and as a hot latte and you just have to go iced – it’s the best way to get the intended feeling. Steep it long – the longer the better, as this does sometimes come out a bit thin tasting. Then top up with iced and milk and, well, damn! It tastes spookily, eerily accurate to the sweet, rich milk left in the bottom of the bowl after eating Frosted Flakes!! It’s brilliant, it’s nostalgic – and hell, Cereal Milk tea!? It’s also bloody trendy. Like, I’ve had more than one cereal milk flavoured chocolate bar in the last year; and this is a deadpan for the concept!

Now why is it my least favourite of the collection!? Well, what is cereal milk? Basically just sugary milk – and while I think this takes it up just a notch by having a little bit of a creamier marshmallow/vanilla element, it does taste very much just like sugary milk. Is that bad? No! But it’s not something that I would necessarily want lots of for at all; but it’s a damn experience and SO bloody nostalgic. For me, this is the the tea I get when I’m at a mall with a DT and I want something to drink while shopping. Like, it’s instagramable, fun, kind of buzz worthy, and accurate – but not the thing I drink daily. Does that make sense? It’s one of those “Look – they fucking DID IT!” moments where a concept is just so perfectly captured…

Also, gluten free cereal and vegan marshmallows!! So, that’s cool and inclusive! Love that element of the tea!

Martin Bednář

Sounds enjoyable

This is honestly delicious! I had it as an iced latte with almond milk. It tastes like the milk after you’re done eating your cereal! YUM! :)

Flavors: Creamy

I made this as an iced latte and its a nope. I get a hint of cereal and a lot of the weird artificial cream flavor and a touch of stevia. I topped it with toasted marshmallow whipped cream and i think that was just a waste of whipped cream.

Kittenna

I saw that you had added this and was hoping you’d post a note! Sad to see there’s stevia in it; I hadn’t read the ingredients list carefully. I’ll still pick some up, but now I’m less excited.