Confetti Cupcake

Rooibos Tea
Apple, Natural Vanilla Flavor, Rooibos, Sprinkles, White Chocolate Chips
Apple, Creamy, Sweet, Vanilla, White Chocolate
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by josh-hart

• “(DavidsTea 141) Meh, gimmicky. I found it watery and sweet without much body. I guess it’s a rooibos so there’s not much base, but for whatever reason I expected more. Maybe I could mix it with...” Read full tasting note
  • “This is one of the new throwback teas from DAVIDsTEA and the only one I ordered because it intrigued me the most. This tea is pretty decent! On it’s own, the apple and white chocolate are the most...” Read full tasting note
  • “One of the three new teas from this past week’s collection drop! The theme of this collection is “throwback childhood treats” which is really fun and has really allowed this collection to have...” Read full tasting note

From DAVIDsTEA

This blend is serving serious funfetti vibes. Enjoy unbridled fun and wonder in every bite of this light green rooibos that tastes like the best vanilla birthday cake ever. Better yet, this one has no artificial colours or flavours. You’re never too old to have your cake and sip it too.

What makes it great

Made with no artificial flavours or colours.

White chocolate chips and sprinkles add a party to every cup.

Green rooibos adds subtle sweetness and antioxidants.

How it tastes
Creamy vanilla cake with lightly whipped frosting

Apple, Sprinkles (cane sugar, palm oil, corn starch, natural colouring [from beet juice, vegetable juice, annato extract, spirulina extract, turmeric, beta-kerotene, paprika oleoresin], sunflower lecithin, maltodextrin, carnauba wax, cellulose gum), Chocolates (sugar, cocoa butter, whole milk powder, nonfat dry milk, whey powder, milk fat, lactose, soy lecithin, sunflower lecithin, cocoa mass, natural vanilla extract, natural colouring (beetroot), natural flavouring), Natural vanilla flavouring, Green rooibos, Calendula.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

(DavidsTea 141)

Meh, gimmicky. I found it watery and sweet without much body. I guess it’s a rooibos so there’s not much base, but for whatever reason I expected more. Maybe I could mix it with something else to use up the rest? It just was so boring.

AJRimmer

The name of this sounded so enticing, but the picture of what was in the leaf itself looked so bare that I decided not to order any – maybe they can revamp it and bring it back at a later date!

This is one of the new throwback teas from DAVIDsTEA and the only one I ordered because it intrigued me the most. This tea is pretty decent! On it’s own, the apple and white chocolate are the most overpowering, making it very sweet. Almost undrinkable sweet. Since then I’ve tried it as both a hot and iced latte and it was really good! The milk cuts the sweetness so it isn’t completely unbearable and it also masks the apple flavor so you’re left with a sweet, white chocolate and vanilla flavor that is very reminiscent of a confetti buttercream frosting. It’s also a little bit oily from the white chocolate which almost gives it a buttercream mouth feel.I’d say it’s pretty close to it’s name. I’ll definitely enjoy the rest of what I have but I probably won’t buy more because it’s a very weighted tea so you don’t get a lot of loose leaf for your buck. Overall it’s worth a try for people who like dessert teas!

Flavors: Apple, Creamy, Sweet, Vanilla, White Chocolate

One of the three new teas from this past week’s collection drop!

The theme of this collection is “throwback childhood treats” which is really fun and has really allowed this collection to have quite a bit of diversity to the flavour profiles of the teas. There’s two returning teas (Peanut Butter Cup & Cotton Candy) and counting this tea there are three new teas part of the full collection, with one extra Super Steeper exclusive. Tasting notes for the other new teas will be coming up shortly!

Of the full collection this is my least favourite of the blends – and the only one I didn’t add into my personal collection. It’s a pretty straight forward tea with a wide range of fun coloured sprinkles and chocolates – all naturally flavoured and coloured. In terms of taste I find it’s mostly just this a medium-ish white chocolate/cream flavour with the faintest hint of sweet strawberry in the undertones. The mouthfeel is pretty oily and slick from the melted down chocolates, but that’s normal for that ingredient – especially in this concentration.

The thing is that, for my tastes at least, it’s not an unpleasant tasting tea but it’s also not very complex either and I’m not a fan of that sort of “one note” white chocolate that this leans towards. I also really like the taste of rooibos (though I recognize that some people do not) and I don’t think there’s nearly enough of it in the blend – visually it’s sparse and you definitely don’t taste it in the tea either. However, the biggest thing is just that it reminds me too much of DT’s Birthday Cake – but in a way where they’re not really similar!? That’s sort of hard to explain because directionally they’re pretty different despite having similar enough appearances/names and the same tea type. Essentially, they aren’t meant to be the same tea but my brain cannot help but pit them against one another. Even though I don’t love Birthday Cake, it has a deep and profound personal significance to me (it was my first ever LLT and launched me on this crazy tea journey) so this tea cannot even begin to come close to having that level of significance…

It’s an unfair standard to hold this tea to, but sometimes the world is unfair and so that’s just how it’s worked out.