House Blend

Black Chai Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

From Geek + Tea

Creamy, spicy, warming with a hint of vanilla and a malty tea base. Our House Blend will not only delight your senses, but it will warm you up in the most delicious way! This blend has a bit of cinnamon and ginger (as we love gingers), and fragrant vanilla that reminds us of a festive butterbeer eggnog, perfect for evenings out in Hogsmead!

Fruity character with slight hints of berry bring depth and character to this delicious tea.

About Geek + Tea View company

Geek + Tea Advent Teas – Day 11

Geek + Tea calls this a vanilla and spice blend. I definitely get the spice and the vanilla comes second. Cinnamon is the strongest flavor but the ginger is underneath and more earthy than spiced. Also, the base, paired with that earthy ginger, is a touch astringent.

Adventaggedon Day 22 – Tea 6/6

When I skimmed through the ingredients for this tea earlier in the morning I was pretty sure that I wasn’t going to enjoy it, but as soon as I smelled the dry leaf my opinion changed. It’s rather eggnog-y, with definite warming cinnamon and ginger spice notes. Sweet though, and creamy!

Steeped, the eggnog feelings continue! It’s a more medium-ish level of flavour, but the vanilla in the blend definitely comes off in a way that it much more custard-like and appropriate for a festive eggnog experience. The spices are present but unobtrusive, with the cinnamon and ginger continuing to be the forward flavours. I feel like there’s maybe some allspice or nutmeg as well, but I can’t remember off the top of my head.

I added some coconut milk, and it’s boosting the creamy elements and thickening up the mouthfeel a bit. I don’t know if a spiced eggnog was the intention here, but it’s what’s been achieved. It’s actually impressive – eggnog is one of those flavours that’s sort of tricky to get across.

Advent Photos: https://www.instagram.com/p/CJHkg9EA3im/

VariaTEA

I think the website said something like “butterbeer eggnog” so maybe you are spot on. I think I will use the rest of my sample to make an eggnog latte because for me, I mostly just got the spices.