Blueberry Green

Green Tea
Artificial, Blueberry, Candy, Grapes, Fruity, Lemongrass, Sweet, Berry, Flowers, Grass, Green
Loose Leaf, Sachet
Edit tea info Last updated by Harney & Sons The Store

2 Images

From Harney & Sons

Chinese green tea has been artfully blended with lemongrass, blueberry, and vanilla to create a brew that is sure to hit all the right notes.

About Harney & Sons View company

After drinking lots of puerh, my friend wanted to try a green tea. She said she had never had a good one so I took her to my tea wall and we sniffed some different ones. She loved the smell of this one, but she said, “I want it to be something easily accessible to me!” I told her they were sachets and were available at Barnes and Noble and she was ready to try a cup.

We made a pot, and again she did not reach for the sugar. She took a sip and said rather shocked, “So the only reason I have been adding sugar to tea was to cover up how nasty it was? This is fantastic by itself!”

I have a new tea padawan! :D

keychange

Omg, you have a whole tea wall? what’s it like?

ashmanra

LOL! I should be ashamed, but I’m not! There are four shelves holding 67 tins at the moment, most of them Harney and Sons black and gold tins. When tea comes in a different kind of tin, either they or I repackage it so it matches. Below the shelves there is a chest. It holds my Teavivre teas that are in pouches. I keep some of my most used Teavivre teas in tins on the shelves, though. My French teas are kept in a cabinet and the teas my daughter and her fiancé bring me from Europe are in a basket. I have these smaller stash baskets. I know, I know, too much! But honestly, I give away a ton of tea! I have even sent boxes of tea home with people!

keychange

I am jealous! quite jealous!

Really not a fan of the dry or steeping smell of this one—it is, like a few other reviews mention, quite a lot like Sweet Tarts or Smarties, gross! Thankfully the finished taste and smell isn’t like that, but it isn’t much like anything at all period either, alas. It IS nice and juicy the more you drink it the way yummy Chinese greens often are, and that evokes fresh juicy blueberries I suppose. Not the worst but I’m glad I only have a small sample of this. Might coldsteep the rest on a day it isn’t 7F out!

ashmanra

Ooo, I loved this one! I did think it smelled like grape Dimetapp, though, but I love the smell of grape Dimetapp.

mrmopar

Its 3f here now brrrrrr.

Dexter

LOL you guys are funny – 3F?

ifjuly

yes, grape dimetapp is a good way of describing it! i can definitely see why that might appeal to some—i have a lot of love for fake sweet orange flavor personally—but i dunno, i just wasn’t feeling it here. but yes, if that floats one’s boat this tea would be great.

I love the aroma of this tea, but actually drinking it leaves much to be desired.

What I like about this tea is that the blend actually contains a lot of tea, so when you’re drinking it you can actually feel the flavor of the green tea. Some teas seems like tisanes to me as they contain more herbs than tea.
I liked this tea, but I liked more its smell though. I’m not a huge fan of fruits or floral tea blends, I tend to prefer vanilla, etc. But I really enjoyed this light green tea. It can be a little tiring though.

I really enjoyed this tea. It’s a very light tea; it smells a good deal more tart than it actually is. I love this tea with a little bit of honey. It’s a great green if you like fruit tea with a bit of a caffeine kick and not as sweet as a lot of fruit teas tend to be. Be careful when steeping it though! The flavors get a bit off if you over-steep it, and I definitely don’t think it tastes as good as it normally does then.

As I mentioned before, the smell can be a bit intense. I want to say it’s almost like sweet tarts. But the taste is definitely milder. A great afternoon tea.

Finished this one up this morning. I’m not sure if I want to reorder in the future. It’s good, but also really weird. It tastes like a supplement. I don’t know. I never got to try it iced, so I’ll probably end up with some in my basket again next time…

Sipdowns in 2019: 24

Not my favourite green, either the blueberry flavour or the lemongrass, i cant decide. Somedays its okay but not a daily drinker. Too weak and fruity…i prefer strong and floral. Would be great if you liked a mellow fruity green tea.

Decided to wean myself off of coffee and revert back to my physically healthier, undergrad tea-drinking self.
It’s time.
I’ve been a full-time working adult for 5 years now, completed my Master’s online, and therefore no longer need the high-test coffee caffeine crutch to get me going. And, honestly, I need to lose some of the weight I’ve put on from sitting instead of walking everywhere, like I did in college.
Green tea is the key. Green tea is the key.
This one tastes a lot better than it smells. The dry sachets and the liquor smell strongly of lemongrass, which I personally find cloying. However, the sip is actually a surprisingly light, buttery green tea with a delicate blueberry flavor, which is enhanced and counterbalanced by the lemongrass.
Ah Harney & Sons… <3 <3 <3

Flavors: Berry, Blueberry, Fruity, Lemongrass, Sweet

This tea is growing on me. Maybe because it is hot now and of the green teas I’ve tried chilled, this one seems to refresh me the most.

Hot, I just do not get much of a blueberry note. But the blueberry seems to come out more when the tea is chilled.

A little cream and sweetener blend nicely, though I wouldn’t over do it.

This is one I will want more of during these summer months.

Flavors: Blueberry, Green

I opened the packet and the first thing that hit me was blueberries. There was even a blueberry in my sample packet. Next was sweet, if that can be a scent.

The flavor was that of blueberry. Actually quite good. Doesn’t feel artificial at all like a lot of fruit flavored teas can be. A little sweeter than I normally like, but as I normally don’t like sweet much at all, I doubt it will be too much for most people out there.

It didn’t hold up well to a second steeping. The blueberry flavor is completely gone, though there is still a very faint scent. The green tea is still there, but much weaker and little more than warm water.

I do wonder if the dried blueberries in the tea have been sweetened at all.

Flavors: Blueberry