Pomegrante Rooibos

Rooibos Tea
Natural Flavours, Orange Peel, Pomegranate, Rooibos
Brown Sugar, Caramel, Fruity, Red Fruits, Rooibos, Sugar, Sweet, Cream, Creamy, Honey, Milk, Smooth, Coconut, Mineral, Pastries
Loose Leaf, Tea Bag
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Arby

From Murchie's Tea & Coffee

A delicately sweet, nutty tea kissed with pomegranate. Naturally caffeine free.

About Murchie's Tea & Coffee View company

Since 1894, Murchie’s has been importing and blending the finest quality teas from select gardens around the world. As the decades have passed, the art of tea blending and tradition of excellence are handed down along with the old recipes. Today, Murchie’s offers traditional products and classic blends while also developing new combinations for a new generation of tea drinkers. We are proud to provide blends for events and occasions, from local landmarks to national observations and royal milestones.

I have a soft spot for rooibos and, while I know it is a polarizing flavour, in particular for rooibos blends that are majority rooibos/very simply and lightly flavoured. So when we were in Vancouver I definitely wanted to see what Murchie’s had to offer. I was between this and their Bumbleberry Rooibos, and upon smelling the dry leaf this was the one that spoke to me more…

Pomegranate is tricky as a flavouring because if you don’t get it perfectly it can just taste like generic red fruit. Unfortunately I think that’s sort of what I’m getting from this blend, though I think it’s definitely pushed towards that taste in particular by the particular rooibos that has been used as the base – it seems like it’s naturally a little fruitier on top of lighter woody and honeyed notes.

Even though this is more red fruit than pomegranate (to me, at least) I still enjoyed the cup a great deal. The level of flavouring that’s been used is really lovely, and the cup is smooth and very round on the palate with good bright top notes contrasted against a deeper, full body. I could see this being very refreshing iced or cold brewed, and also something that would teapot really well. It also gives me “Monk’s Blend” vibes in a really nice sort of way – and that makes sense because Monk’s blend is usually grenadine/pomegranate flavoured and sweet in the same level this tea is. So, thinking of it that way, it’s nice to have a caffeine free Monk’s Blend style of tea!

The teabag smells very sweet and fruity. I can smell vanilla and rooibos as it steeps. By about three minutes it is a dark amber colour. I buy my teas from Murchie’s in paper sachets for convenience, but you can’t taste paper or packaging at all. The pomegranate flavour is very nice. Sweet, but no hint of acidic or tangy notes. Overall this tea is super smooth and well rounded. I very much enjoy the creamy vanilla. II didn’t add milk or honey but it tastes like it is a latte.

The second steep is just as flavourful, which isn’t surprising for a Murchie’s blend or for rooibos drinks. I’ve tried re-steeping this tea 4 times over about an hour without any loss of flavour.

Flavors: Cream, Creamy, Fruity, Honey, Milk, Red Fruits, Smooth, Sweet