White Tea
Bitter, Rose, Sweet, Grass, Floral, Herbs, Honey, Flowers
Tea Bag
Low
Fair Trade, Kosher, Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by yhsi_

2 Images

From Numi Organic Tea

White tea & fragrant rosebuds

Our enchanted White Rose blends the smoothness of delicate, organic white tea with whole organic rosebuds. This sweet and fragrant liaison is as provocative as it is healthy.

Ingredients: Fair Trade Certified organic white tea, organic rosebuds

Instructions for loose leaf: Steep 1 loose tbsp per 8 ounces of not-quite boiling water for 3.5 minutes. Re-brew leaves up to 3 times. Add about 30 seconds for each additional brew.

Instructions for tea bags: Steep in freshly boiled water for 2-3 minutes.

http://shop.numitea.com/White-Rose/p/NUMIS-10280&[email protected]@White

Delicate and smooth white tea with whole organic rose buds
Flavor Notes: Sweet and fragrant liaison
Occasion: Afternoon soother
Caffeine: Low

About Numi Organic Tea View company

I’ve had a box of these teabags for a while now, and think that I’ve had maybe one cup. I’m just not impressed by this tea. It’s very bland, although if you like white teas this would probably be more enjoyable. The rest of this box is up for grabs if anyone wants it!

-Standard teabag with a tag.
-Teabag smells lightly of roses. Tea liquor aroma faintly floral.
-Tea liquor is a cloudy medium yellow orange color.
-Fresh grassy flavor and finish. Light rose aftertaste.
-Best with sweetener.
-Fair tea. A very bland cup with not much flavor.

sherapop

The loose leaf version is better than the filter bags (unsurprisingly). It’s also beautiful, with tons of vibrant rose petals.

I first had this tea last winter when I was suffering from a month-long bout of bronchitis. At that time, it was a very pleasant and soothing warm beverage and it just felt right to be drinking in colder San Francisco weather (50s F).

I had this White Rose tea again today, again winter but not sick so I feel like I can taste it better. It’s still pleasant enough but the rose is like walking by a Crabtree and Evelyn (perfume and soap store) but not stepping into the suffocating grandmotherly atmosphere. Very airy rose aroma translates into a nice enough taste. The rose does dominate over the white tea base, which just provides a light honeyed sweetness and some body. Overall not bad but that kind of rose isn’t my taste.

(There are a lot of buts in this review.)

175 °F / 79 °C 3 min, 0 sec 10 OZ / 295 ML
Mastress Alita

I love obnoxious rose… I’d probably like it. Though it does depend on the flavoring, I’ve certainly had ones I liked better than others.

LuckyMe

I used to drink this a lot back in the day. Since then I’ve found that I prefer a good quality dried rosebud blended with my tea of choice.

derk

Mastress Alita: it’s the typical ‘English Rose’ aroma and flavor so this might be up your alley if you’re looking for an easy brew. I appreciate a more cherry leaning rose taste.

LuckyMe: I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend this tea to beginners but I imagine with so much tasting experience, you’ve been able to find some high quality white tea and rose buds that fit your preferences. Happy sipping :)

Mastress Alita

I have a bag of plain rose petals I got on my Bay Area trip a few months ago from derk’s co-op stop, but I mainly use them to add to teas that just Aren’t Rose Enough. Also, I crush them an infuse them in cocoa to make rose-flavored hot chocolate. Mmmm.

derk

I am so down with the rose and chocolate mix. That dark cocoa sweetness brings that haughty rose with a stiff upper lip down to my level.

Nattie

Mmmmmm, that rose hot chocolate sounds awesome!!

this is a very good rose tea. it is a little light as others have said. two tea bags fix that for me. it’s a lovely everyday rose tea

Flavors: Rose

Love this! The first time I tried it I was a little apprehensive about the rose flavor, but literally after the first cup I was hooked. Very good tea!

I got this tea after reading about it in the tasting notes of another tea I like. This one has a faint rose smell before brewing that seems to disappear after brewing.
Flavor white, the rose flavor is gentle, not you your face (although I like in your face). It’s refreshing but not something if you want a bold flavor. Not bad but very gentle.
I heated water to boil then let cool a minute or so first before steeping as the box instructed

This is the first rose tea I’ve had and I’m not that familiar with white tea either. It was drinkable, but bland. Looking at the info here at the bottom of the page I see why. The instructions call for 1 tablespoon per cup! One tea bag to a cup is weak, nearly tasteless.

I have liked several of the rose teas I’ve tried, but this was a bit disappointing. It was a little on the bland side, and I didn’t feel like the white tea they chose complemented the rose very well. Maybe it would work better cold brewed, but I don’t think it’s worth buying again to find out.

Flavors: Grass, Rose

2 min, 15 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

This tea is relatively easygoing on the palate, and it definitely makes a great spring or summer delight. I personally prefer it with honey rather than sugar, though it honestly doesn’t need any additives whatsoever (and you should be careful in adding stuff, since the flavor is so light that honey can become overbearing).

Flavors: Floral, Grass, Rose

180 °F / 82 °C 3 min, 0 sec 12 OZ / 354 ML

I love iced white rose tea, I usually buy in bulk from Davidsons (Valentine tea), but picked up some of these to keep on hand for traveling cause it’s easier to handle tea bags. Anyways, the rose flavor is much more subtle in the Numi brand. While I’ll still buy to keep on hand in my purse, for my day to day iced rose tea I will stick with my usual brand since it packs more of a rose punch.

For white rose tea I prefer cold brewing it overnight in the fridge. 1 bag per cup of water and let sit for at least 2-3 hours. To me white tea doesn’t get bitter no matter how long it steeps, so there’s no upper limit here.

Flavors: Rose

Hmm…. too much like chewing on rose petals.