Candied Orange Green Tea

Fruit Green Blend
Bitter, Candy, Jam, Orange, Orange Zest, Sweet, Tart, Artificial, Citrus
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

From Plum Deluxe

Green Tea, Orange Peel, Safflower, Orange Essence, Love, Gratitude

About Plum Deluxe View company

Plum Deluxe Advent Calendar – Day 7

Ooh, this one sounds tasty. I really enjoy citrus in teas and the candied aspect makes it a little more festive-sounding. The dry leaf smells like marmalade.

Well, it’s not great, but it’s pleasant enough. The orange is somewhere between marmalade, orange juice, and vitamin C tablets. I don’t think I taste the base tea at all, perhaps a hint of dry grass? But it does add some body. The flavoring is definitely a bit too strong here.

It’s not something I would feel the need to order, but I’m enjoying it in my teapot this evening on the couch. :)

(today’s advent teas: https://www.instagram.com/p/CIgMNjsgAZc/)

Flavors: Bitter, Candy, Jam, Orange, Orange Zest, Sweet, Tart

2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

Plum Deluxe Advent Day 7
Very excited to try this one! I love candied orange notes in teas. Added a bit of honey. Smells strongly of orange. Tastes like orange. This isn’t bad, it’s just not candied. It’s more of a sweet orange. A bit of drying bitterness in the aftertaste.

I normally cold brew fruity greens, but lacking the time I just warm brewed it, the full sampler packet to 500ml 175F water for a 2 minute steep to take back to work with me from my lunch break. As I wait for the tea to cool a bit, I’m getting a strong, pithy orange peel aroma wafting from the cup.

I’m not sure what about this is “candied”, as this is just a very strong orange-flavored green tea, very pleasantly citrusy tart. I find myself having trouble finding orange flavors in particular in teas overly artificial, and there is a little of that here, likely from how strongly its coming off, but otherwise it’s actually pretty nice in comparison to other artificial orange flavorings I can recall (which often taste waxy, metallic, alcoholic, or “candy fake”). The bitey nature of this reminds me of tangerine/clemintine, which I love. The flavoring is packing enough of a wallop that I really can’t taste the green base at all. It’s simple, but I’m enjoying it.

Flavors: Artificial, Citrus, Orange, Orange Zest, Tart

175 °F / 79 °C 2 min, 0 sec 4 g 17 OZ / 500 ML

Dumped the rest of my sample into a mason jar and left it on my counter for an unknown amount of time. Now that I’m in the middle of descaling my kettle and can’t make another cup of anything, I’m searching for what is prepared in various jars.

Sipping on this plain gave a weird grapefruit tang to it that I didn’t like. Added a bunch of flaxmilk and it tastes better, but not amazing. It has a little bit of the orange cream flavor, but it just doesn’t pop. Added some half and half to up the cream factor. No. Added some sugar. Eh. Maybe I’m not familiar with candied orange and keep expecting regular orange? Not quite sure what’s up, but I’d pass on buying this.

AJRimmer

I always have a bunch of cold brews happening in the fridge, and by the next day I’ve always forgotten what each one is, which makes for some fun surprises.