Green Tea
Grass, Hay, Lemon, Spearmint, Floral, Herbs, Vegetal
Loose Leaf, Sachet
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Mastress Alita

• “Thanks for the sample TeaBrat! I don’t think I’ve ever had a tea quite like this before. Hot, it was so dynamic and complex, and yummy! I coulda sworn there was yerba mate in there but nope it’s...” Read full tasting note
  • “yumm spearmint! yumm lemon! requesting this tea in a swap with jump62359 was a no brainer. this bright floral green with a citrus flair is best very hot and any time of the day. i know i have a few...” Read full tasting note
  • “Another sample, care of TastyBrew. Thanks! :) A mild green tea with Spearmint & Lemon Myrtle. I’m not always a huge mint fan, & I much prefer peppermint over spearmint, but this tea is a...” Read full tasting note
  • “Sipdown (118). Worst day ever on my gosh. You know it’s a bad day when you don’t even feel like drinking tea at night because THERE’S NO TEA TO DRINK. Like seriously. I don’t feel like drinking any...” Read full tasting note

From Steven Smith Teamaker

Rare green teas from China combined with aromatic spearmint grown in Oregon and a hint of lemon myrtle from Australia. Fez artfully evokes old Morocco, and tastes best when shared with friends while lounging on pillows.

Ingredients: Spring harvested full leaf Mao Feng China green tea, Oregon spearmint leaves and Australian lemon myrtle.

Steeping Instructions: Bring filtered water to 190 degrees. Steep 3 minutes. Preferably while wearing a fez.

About Steven Smith Teamaker View company

Thanks for the sample TeaBrat!
I don’t think I’ve ever had a tea quite like this before. Hot, it was so dynamic and complex, and yummy! I coulda sworn there was yerba mate in there but nope it’s myrtle masquerading as mate. Ha!
Anyhow, now that it’s cooled I can really taste the lemon. Interesting. I still prefer it hot though.

yumm spearmint!
yumm lemon!
requesting this tea in a swap with jump62359 was a no brainer.
i know i have a few bags of this, but i still just re-steeped the teabag trying to get as much as i can from each taste.
easy peasy lemon squeezey.

Another sample, care of TastyBrew. Thanks! :)
A mild green tea with Spearmint & Lemon Myrtle. I’m not always a huge mint fan, & I much prefer peppermint over spearmint, but this tea is a pleasant after-breakfast cup. This isn’t bitter at all, & is even mildly sweet. The sip starts out a little creamy, followed by a refreshing sensation, but ends somewhat astringent, & that’s the only thing I don’t care for about it.

Sipdown (118).

Worst day ever on my gosh.
You know it’s a bad day when you don’t even feel like drinking tea at night because THERE’S NO TEA TO DRINK. Like seriously. I don’t feel like drinking any of the teas I have right now because I just feel nasty and gross and ugh no. I was dying in Philosophy today okay. After two presentations, I just wanted to run home and take a hot shower because my entire body was ACHING. I sat through the final two presentations and I was close to tears in the last one because my stomach was hurting so much, and my muscles felt tingly and weak and no.
But this one kinda just stood out because I wanted something minty so Fez it is. I’ve been saving it because it’s one of my favourites and now I am all out of it :(
Yeah. Today was just a bad day.

Hello.Kiki

I’m sorry you had a bad day :(

keychange

Glad yesterday ended. I hope today feels better!

Thanks for this sample Amy oh :)

I’m writing this a couple days after drinking it. I logged it so I wouldn’t forget to write a note.

This is a pretty good bright and happy citrusy tea. Heavier on the citrus than on the mint. I would have liked more mint, but I can just add some of my own next time.

180 °F / 82 °C

I had a craving for a mint tea after all heavy and spicy food. Very refreshing. I like Moroccan tea in general but I think this extra lemony flavor adds something special, sweet citrusy flavor. I think it’s balanced and pleasant. Probably will be excellent as iced tea

In the bag, Fez‘s dry smell is what your Starbucks Tazo mint tea wishes it could be. You get nothing but spearmint, with a hint of lemon that could pass as verbena, though in this case–pun intended–it’s Australian lemon myrtle. When was the last time you saw that one in a tea? Turns out it’s the perfect addition, as those sharp little acidic notes come out to play when the hot water hits the bag. No green smell at all, but that’s no surprise given the understated presence of their Mao Feng Shui.

Smith recommends drinking this tea while wearing a fez, but you’ll want to take your hats off to it–Fez, you sly fox!… Full review: http://snooteablog.com/2013/07/20/snooty-tea-review-steven-smith-tea-round-2/

I expected more of a green tea and less of a spearmint one, but even so it was a good cup.

I picked this tea up from SST’s booth at the World Tea Expo 2010. I steeped the tea four times in 8 oz of water. The 1st steeping was for 3 mins and turned out to be too short as that I only tasted the green tea flavors and none of the lemon myrtle or spearmint. 2nd steeping was for 6 mins and the lemon myrtle showed up more this time around. 3rd & 4th times were steeped again at 6 min but one cube of sugar was added. The flavors were more rounded by then and seemed nice. The leaves after the steeping smelled wonderful. I picked the tea more for the spearmint flavor but the lemon myrtle overpowered the spearmint flavor. Overall, I was somewhat happy with this tea.

I typed a really long piece on fire ecology, prescribed burning and my emotional sadness regarding the victims of the current Camp Fire in northern California but this is not the place for that so I deleted it. The smoke from that fire has blown southwest and blanketed the Bay. I’ve had a persistent headache for 3 days and woke up with a very rare nosebleed this morning. I brewed this sample from Mastress Alita, something light and refreshing that might make me feel a little better.

Fez is a pleasant blend of a grassy Chinese green, lemon myrtle and spearmint. I think the spearmint is a little underplayed here and the lemon myrtle too dominant for the type of green tea used. A second steep really brings out the lemon myrtle and a tinge of astringency. Whatever compound is responsible for lemon myrtles scent and taste seems to be the same used in lemon PEZ candy and in lemon Pledge furniture cleaner/polish, so don’t do that second steep if either of those turns you off. Otherwise, I find this to be to be a generally nice, smooth blend and would really like to try it as a cold brew.

190 °F / 87 °C 3 min, 0 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML
Lexie Aleah

I hope you feel better soon! Also if your having headaches and a nosebleed I would see a doctor just to be safe.

derk

Thanks for your concern. Smoke is the culprit – I’ve been through this before.

Mastress Alita

I just got over a 5-day long migraine on Sunday, I know those feels. Get better Derk! Smoke is one of my triggers too, though I at least don’t have to worry about that at this time of year - Idaho gets its wild fires during the summer, and we’ll get that nasty blanket ‘o smoke in the sky around that time, too. It’s nasty. The lack of oxygen to the brain will cause the headaches. :(

mrmopar

Hope you feel better soon!

derk

Thanks, y’all. This too shall pass.

In one of my earlier reviews here, I linked to earthquake.usgs.gov for a worldwide map of earthquakes. Here’s another natural disaster website that’s interesting to click around: https://tinyurl.com/y7wv6k7k It’s a google map that shows all the fires our state fire agency, CalFire, has fought over 2018. The current boundaries of the Camp Fire are what will display on that page. 113,000 acres burned so far with 35% containment.