Cape Jasmine Certified Organic Taiwan Oolong

Oolong Tea
Oolong
Citrus, Jasmine, Nutty, Roasted, Umami, Creamy, Green, Nuts, Perfume, Tea, Sweet
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by Daylon R Thomas

From Taiwan Sourcing

A delightful blend of Organic Cape Jasmine Flowers and Organic Si Ji Chun (Four Seasons) Oolong tea. Si Ji Chun was organically grown and then masterfully processed into a Jade Oolong tea, then organic Cape Jasmine flowers are blended together with the tea in just the right amount. The result is a sweet and floral experience that is thick and soothing to the drinker. The Jasmine flower taste is subtle and never overpowering, the Si Ji Chun counters with it’s own floral sweetness and thick Jade oolong goodness, creating a balanced experience!

Certified Organic by MOA International and HKOCC (Hong Kong Organic Certification Centre)!

Harvest: Spring 2015 / 春 二零一五

Roast Level: 3

Aging Potential: Low

Certified Organic

About Taiwan Sourcing View company

Today I’m sipping on another Taiwan Sourcing oolong, blended with jasmine this time. Before I even brewed this tea I was taken aback by the epic bag appeal. The scent is otherworldly, it smells more like jasmine candy than tea!

For this session I used a 180ml gaiwan with 8 grams of tea in 90°C water.
A quick wash was followed by a 10 second steep, working up to 1 minute brews.

I’m a huge jasmine fan and pretty much instantly fell in love with this blend after the first brew. I think oolong is a much better base to use jasmine with than green tea, it makes the flavour more balanced and richer. Aside from the floral notes I’m also getting a bit of citrus and slightly roasted/nutty umami. The liquor is smooth and almost creamy, and yet again more thin than other oolongs I’ve had. It makes me salivate and there is very light astringency to the after taste (I find this pleasant though). I love everything about this and intend to keep it in my regular rotation.

It’s obvious this tea is clean and true with very high quality jasmine flowers. It’s night and day compared with jasmine scented teas. This is the first time I’ve ordered from Taiwan and I have to say I’m extremely impressed with the quality. I think its obvious they grow their teas with love and passion. I’m going to keep buying from there instead of China (excluding pu-erh, of course).

Flavors: Citrus, Jasmine, Nutty, Roasted, Umami

This is the only Jasmine tea I have liked so far, some Jasmines taste artificial but not this one.

It is sweet and floral balanced perfectly with the Oolong.

I simply loved this jasmine tea…Deep and rich beautiful aromas that are not too strong. It is satisfying and soft with a rather happy effect.

205 °F / 96 °C 0 min, 45 sec 5 g

Brewing Gong Fu in my little tea vessel from South Korea. This little bugger brings out the florals and creamy notes which makes me happy. It’s also getting some nectar. So good.

Zennenn

This is a tea I am enjoying while sitting I my porch with my blooming jasmine. Fun to discern the differences between this tea and the live flowers. I know it’s not the same jasmine, but the differences in scent are subtle. A great warm weather hot tea.

Daylon R Thomas