Flowering Pineapple Blooming White Tea

Flowering White Blend
Artificial Flavouring, Marigold Flowers, White Tea
Cotton Candy, Pineapple, Fruity, Lemon, Sweet, Tannin, Tropical, Artificial, Floral, Dirt, Flowers
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by Catt

• “I invited my mother and sister over to try this as I have ALWAYS wanted to try one as soon I laid eyes on a pic of this in action. I just had to share the excitement. It was very pretty blooming...” Read full tasting note
  • “Made a pot of this one yesterday to drink during a nice soak in the tub. Yesterday was probably one of the most stressful days I’ve had working at DT since starting there. I wouldn’t go as far as...” Read full tasting note
  • “Coldbrew sipdown! This is a light tea made using silver needle white tea. It has a refreshing and sweet pineapple flavour. Fruity, distinctly pineapple in scent and flavour with maybe a hint of...” Read full tasting note
  • “This is a light tea. It smells wonderfully of pineapple but does not taste so much like it. I got this for my pineapple fanatic husband but he didn’t like it. I do. I steep for about about...” Read full tasting note

From Teavana

A truly artisanal white tea that unfurls into an ethereal display of exquisite flavour and beauty. Each hand-tied tea ball blooms with a crown of marigold flowers gently scented with luscious pineapple and can be infused three to five times.

About Teavana View company

I invited my mother and sister over to try this as I have ALWAYS wanted to try one as soon I laid eyes on a pic of this in action. I just had to share the excitement. It was very pretty blooming and we were all amazed (again-doesn’t take much to entertain me). However, I wasn’t careful and over steeped it (I usually don’t steep white teas too long but it was too pretty to remove). I tried it again and removed it once it has finished blooming and the taste was WAY better. The only bad thing I can say about it is that it is incredibly pricey at normal price, but I got it on sale so it’s all good.

Made a pot of this one yesterday to drink during a nice soak in the tub.

Yesterday was probably one of the most stressful days I’ve had working at DT since starting there. I wouldn’t go as far as to say the most stressful, but top three for sure. It was a nightmare, and I came home sore, tired, stressed, on edge, and with a KILLER migraine.

I chose this one for my pot of tea for two reasons; it was quick and easy without any measuring required and I wanted pineapple. It’s basically my favourite food, just flat out, so pineapple teas for me are like the pinnacle of comfort flavours. This totally delivered on the flavour as well, it was really smooth and sweet with a great combination of flavour from the flowers, flavourings, and tea base itself. When you broke it down into individual notes, it was a mix of hay, cream, pineapple, cane sugar, and fresh floral elements. However as a whole, it came together to create something so much better so after my first teacup from the pot I just let myself get swept into the flavour as a whole.

What was the amazing thing it created flavour wise? A pineapple flavoured cotton candy!!! Super smooth, and airy/light with a sweet pineapple infused fairy floss kind of flavour. It was exactly the thing I needed to lift me up and feel good after that total beast of a day. Yes! Thank you unexpected but insanely delightful pineapple cotton candy tea!

Flavors: Cotton Candy, Pineapple

2000 tasting notes

Coldbrew sipdown!

This is a light tea made using silver needle white tea. It has a refreshing and sweet pineapple flavour. Fruity, distinctly pineapple in scent and flavour with maybe a hint of papaya or lemon.

Resteeps multiple times. It took two 1 hour cold steeps for it to open up, and then it held up to many more steeps of 1 hour each (cold water). Slight sweetness associated with silver needles and pineapple. Brewed a lovely light yellow (similar to chamomile tea colour).

Flavors: Fruity, Lemon, Pineapple, Sweet, Tannin, Tropical

Iced 8 min or more 5 g 17 OZ / 500 ML

This is a light tea. It smells wonderfully of pineapple but does not taste so much like it. I got this for my pineapple fanatic husband but he didn’t like it. I do. I steep for about about 5-minutes in a full pot of water and add water (up to three times) for multiple infusions. No sweeteners. I have had this tea hot.

Flavors: Pineapple

This is an alright tea – just alright. The overall flavor of this tea is weak, and to use more than one of the balls per teapot just doesn’t make sense at the price of around $15 a pop. After I decided that I would thin down my tea stock, I started brewing at 3 to 4 balls per teapot (32 oz) but it didn’t improve the flavor much. I don’t normally comment on tea price, but for this flavor of tea, I wouldn’t expect to pay a premium.

When brewed, the tea is almost clear. Watching the bloom is quite an experience, but the visual effects of this tea greatly outweigh the flavor or aroma. The aroma is misleadingly pineapple-heavy, with a seemingly complex white tea undertone. There’s a floral note, but it’s not at the forefront of the scenting.

As for the pineapple, it seems artificial – the only real flavor that shows through is marigold and white tea with more of a pineapple scent. I would have thought this to be a blooming white tea that were pineapple scented if I hadn’t have looked the ingredients up on the Teavanna website.

Before I had tried an array of blooming teas, of course, this was one of my favorites! If you’re looking for a visually pretty tea to serve at a brunch or a tea party, this wouldn’t be a bad choice – but if you’re looking for something that packs a lot of flavor and complex aroma, this isn’t the right tea for you. I will not be purchasing this tea flavor again.

Flavors: Artificial, Floral, Pineapple

This is a very mild tasting white tea. The pineapple is not real strone. The main note does not seem to taste like pineapple. Not sure what to call the main note. It seems to be naturally sweet. I like it. It is interesting to watch the tea bloom.

Brewed one tea ball in a 12oz glass mug with 175 degree water for 4 min.

175 °F / 79 °C 4 min, 0 sec 12 OZ / 354 ML

It is very week, easily over powered by honey or sugar. Over all poor taste. Only comes in the form of a ball. Watching the flower bloom was very interesting, but the lack of poor flavor made me regret the purchase.

Flavors: Dirt

175 °F / 79 °C 3 min, 30 sec 30 g 8 OZ / 236 ML

This is a relatively new tea from Teavana. They had it out as a sample for quite some time. I kept coming back to the store to try it. I didn’t think I would like it, as I usually find white teas to be too weak for my preferences, but I LOVE this one. I definitely have to add some rock sugar to bring out the flavour, but I absolutely love this one. When I first purchased this tea, I couldn’t stop drinking it. It is a bit pricey, but you can get many brews out of it to offset the extra cost. I am looking forward to brewing it up during the summer, when I am sitting outside relaxing and enjoying the weather.

I personally love white teas. Picked this up from teavana with a bunch of other teas to try. I ended up loving this one the most. Its a light tea if you use 1 ball per 8oz but i make mine mine stronger so ill make a 32 oz and use 5-6 balls. Its great with sweatener or none. I use 1/2 tsp per 8 oz. Sometimes ill throw a ball in another mix i have going on to give it some flavor. Only complaint, I dont usually obsesse over the price because tea is my kind of obsession and my husband loves it to! BUTTT i probably will be using this sparingly now as I just went back to teavana to get just this and decided ill get my big tin filled of it not thinking to much of it , wowwww $220 for my tin to be filled. Holy smokes I almost lost it. Now I know how expensive this tea is I wont be making 3 pots a day. But i do find it to be my favorite tea so far so i will still be forced to pocket out the loot.
P.s. Was used with 180•f water