Lavender Crème

Herbal Tea
Caramel, Cardamom, Cardamon Seed, Cocoa Bean Shells, Cocoa Nibs, Figs, Lavender Flowers, Marigold Petals, Natural Flavours, Rooibos, Vanilla Pieces
Cardamon, Chocolate, Caramel, Cocoa, Lavender, Cardboard, Vanilla, Cream, Fig, Floral, Honey, Sweet
Bulk, Loose Leaf
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by Michelle
Boiling 4 min, 30 sec 14 oz / 414 ml

• “Cardamon, Chocolate, Caramel, Cocoa, Lavender, Cardboard (Red Rooibos), Vanilla, Cream, Fig, Floral, Honey, Sweet pretty much describe it. I actually rather enjoy it for a herbal tea, especially a...” Read full tasting note
  • “I’ve made myself a little cubby of caffeine-free teas above my kettle to force myself to stop drinking regular tea too late into the evening and then staying up all night. Teavana’s way the heck...” Read full tasting note
  • “I was a little nervous about this one because I generally don’t like anything with “creme” in the title. And I’ve never met a rooibos that I liked. Why did I even buy this? Oh, yeah,. I had a...” Read full tasting note
  • “My boyfriend brought this home to me after seeing it in store, and said he thought it would be right up my alley. He was correct- the sweet rooibos tones down the soapiness of the lavender and...” Read full tasting note

From Teavana

The crème de la crème.
Treat yourself to a smooth herbal infusion featuring all-natural ingredients from around the world. Hints of honey blend harmoniously alongside hand-harvested rooibos from South Africa, creamy Tahitian vanilla, sweet Swiss caramel and subtle layers of lavender from Provence, France.

About Teavana View company

Cardamon, Chocolate, Caramel, Cocoa, Lavender, Cardboard (Red Rooibos), Vanilla, Cream, Fig, Floral, Honey, Sweet pretty much describe it. I actually rather enjoy it for a herbal tea, especially a night time blend. It shines with rock sugar, or cream and sugar, and it is okay but drinkable straight. It is good enough for me to drink straight in a brew time in 3 minutes.

The cardamom is stronger that I expected, and as my brother said, it is kind of like turkish delight with a hint of lavender. Better yet, it’s like drinking Turkish cardamom coffee with Turkish delight in a watered down, slightly cardboardy form. Luckily, the lavender is not too strong because it could be too soapy. The cardamom could almost do that, but the cocoa nibs and shells prevent that from happening. Still pleasant. In terms of rating, it is between 75-80, and I lean towards 80 because I enjoy it. I would not highly recommend this one, but it is an easy going one if you want a desert herbal with rock sugar or cream and sugar. Honey is an otherwise overpowering sweetener for this particular blend.

Fjellrev

Huh, that sounds not bad, indeed. I may need to check it out before they fold up. I’m so clueless about what they have to offer.

Teavana’s way the heck out of my way, but I made a trip down to stock up on the Indonesia black, and because ‘Lavender’ and ‘Creme’ are at least two of my favourite things. Weirdly, lavender blossoms are the /tenth/ ingredient. Below… cardamom.

This is a really confusing tea. But I do like cardamom.

It tastes mostly of rooibos and cocoa nibs, a bit of cardamom; I’ve had it a few times, and concluded that there was most definitely not enough lavender, so I’ve been adding a bit of my own. Adds a bit of spice. It’s more of a weak caramely chai with a faint hint of lavender (you can taste it a bit more at the back of your throat, I guess that ‘soapy’ taste) than anything else. But it’s something sweet and warm to drink when I get home from work late at night.

Flavors: Caramel, Cardamon, Cocoa, Lavender

I was a little nervous about this one because I generally don’t like anything with “creme” in the title. And I’ve never met a rooibos that I liked. Why did I even buy this? Oh, yeah,. I had a Teavana gift card and this was new.
Literally typing this review as I try it.

Plain: No thank you. Won’t be doing that again.

With two Splenda: Not the worst. I’ll finish out the cup, but this one is going in my donation pile. I’ll send it to anyone who wants it.

In both instances, I don’t taste any lavender at all. Just rooibos and fakey vanilla.

Update: Yeah, I’m not finishing this. Blech.

Flavors: Cardboard, Vanilla

3 min, 0 sec 2 tsp

My boyfriend brought this home to me after seeing it in store, and said he thought it would be right up my alley. He was correct- the sweet rooibos tones down the soapiness of the lavender and leaves me with a sweet dessert-y cocoa-caramel tea with lavender-vanilla notes throughout.
It has a little bit of thickness to it, and i would describe it as medium bodied. I noticed a surprisingly small amount of the nuttiness that rooibos tend to carry and there was only a small hint of fig.
I do feel that there was a little too much cardamom flavour for my taste and would have rated a 100 if it had been less heavy, the hit of spicy-citrus just didnt quite mesh correctly with the other notes to me.

It is very good with a splash of cream (i am especially enjoying it with almond milk, something about the extra punch of nuttiness really adds to the flavour).

When you ice it, there is still a very similar flavour profile but with a noticeable shift in the notes. The lavender comes out with a lot more force and blends with the cocoa, leaving the vanilla and caramel in the background. It is still good iced in this way, though overly creamy to my taste even with just a small splash of milk.

Flavors: Caramel, Cardamon, Cocoa, Cream, Fig, Floral, Honey, Lavender, Sweet